confession (x4)

it was intak's turn to fall into a state of shock. "what?"

ella's face contorted into one of shame, looking down as intak still held onto it.
"im in love with you. i have been for years, i just didn't know how badly i loved you until i no longer had you. but now i know, tak. i know that i love you."

intak's eyes widened at the second confession, heart doing summersaults at the girl's words. she loves me.

a small tear ran down her cheek again, the silence consuming her being. "it really hurt when it seemed like you hated me, intak. i cried to them every day, it was like i'd lost my better half. i thought i was losing you forever."

intak's heart broke as his brain processed her sentiment. her brought her into a hug, the girl's face tucked into his shoulder.

"ella, angel.." he began, sighing in disappointment towards himself. "i never meant to hurt you.. im so sorry i put you through that." he paused, caressing her back as she continued softly crying.

"i thought, if you hated me... it'd make you not miss me if i died." he paused again, looking for the right words. "i didn't want you to live your life in sadness because i lost the battle against some disease.. i wanted you to be happy."

sooa could really only manage to giggle through her tears, softly smacking the boy's chest as she did.

"silly."
"what?"
"i could never hate you." she was now looking directly at the boy. "i resented you, yeah. you left me in the dust after telling me you had cancer." intak chuckled at her tone. "but i wanted nothing more than to be there to take care of you and make you happy through your weakest time, tak. it felt like you took that away from me. i was scared that our last real memory together would be us upset with eachother."

intak frowned, looking down. "i didn't think of it that way.." he paused, sighing. "wasn't my smartest choice, huh?"

she smiled, "not in the slightest." she caressed his cheek, thumb softly rubbing over his cheekbone. "but you had good intentions. im glad to finally know why."

"least i could do.."
she placed a soft peck on his cheek. "thank you."

he smiled at the affection, finding himself feigning for another kiss.

"so.." she spoke into the silence.
"so.." he repeated back to her, making eye contact.

she chuckled. "are we okay?"
intak softly smiled at the girl, admiring her features as she stared at him, hopeful. he brought one of her fists up to his face, placing a lingering kiss on it as he maintained eye contact.

"better than ever."
she smiled, "you're not gonna leave me in the dust again? shatter my heart into a million tiny pieces that'll take months to repair?"
he placed another kiss on her hand. "i'm right here, el," he leaned in closer, the girl following his movement, "and im in love with you, too."

( 结束 )