The Unexpected Proposal

Nanon and Ohm had been inseparable since their high school days. Both had discovered their passion for acting in the drama club, where they spent countless hours rehearsing, sharing dreams, and enjoying each other's company. Their chemistry was undeniable, and it seemed only natural that they both found their way into the entertainment industry.

After a few years of building their careers separately, they were both signed under the same company. They often reminisced about their high school days and how far they had come. Nanon was known for his serious, dramatic roles, while Ohm had a knack for comedy and lighthearted characters. Despite their different paths, their bond remained strong.

One ordinary Tuesday, Nanon received a call from his manager. He was summoned to the company’s headquarters for an urgent meeting. When he arrived, he saw Ohm waiting in the lobby, looking equally puzzled.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?" Nanon asked, sitting down next to him.

"Not a clue," Ohm replied, shaking his head. "I just got a call saying it was urgent."

Before they could speculate further, their manager, Khun Nok, appeared and ushered them into the conference room. The room was filled with executives and some unfamiliar faces, which immediately made the atmosphere tense.

Khun Nok began the meeting with a grave expression. "We have a major project on our hands," she said, projecting an air of seriousness. "This is a collaboration with American investors and some of the biggest production houses. The project is a BL series titled 'Bad Buddy'."

Nanon and Ohm exchanged confused glances. BL, or Boys' Love, was a genre that had been gaining popularity, but neither had ever considered working in it, let alone together.

"The twist," Khun Nok continued, "is that you two will be the leads."

The room fell silent as the weight of her words settled over them. Nanon felt a mixture of surprise and apprehension. Ohm looked equally taken aback, his usual easygoing demeanor replaced with uncertainty.

"We understand this is sudden," Khun Nok said, trying to soothe the tension. "But the chemistry you two have is exactly what the investors are looking for. They believe this series has the potential to be a massive hit, both locally and internationally."

After the meeting, Nanon and Ohm sat in a quiet corner of the office. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on their minds.

"This is crazy," Nanon muttered, breaking the silence. "A BL series? Us?"

Ohm sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know, man. This is huge. But... do we have a choice? The company seems pretty set on this."

They sat in contemplative silence, the enormity of the project looming over them. Despite their reservations, they both knew that turning down the opportunity wasn't an option. The company had invested heavily in this project, and their managers were counting on them.

"Well," Ohm said finally, trying to inject some optimism into the conversation, "we've always managed to make things work, right? Maybe this won't be so bad."

Nanon nodded, though he still felt a knot of anxiety in his stomach. "Yeah, I guess we just have to trust each other. We've been through a lot together. We can handle this."

They left the office that day with a sense of apprehension but also a shared determination. They knew the days ahead would be challenging, filled with long hours of rehearsals and navigating the complexities of portraying a romantic relationship on screen.

Little did they know, 'Bad Buddy' would not only test their professional skills but also their personal bond in ways they had never imagined. The journey ahead was uncertain, but as always, they would face it together, ready for whatever twists and turns awaited them.