Chapter 8

Seokjin stood in the hallway with Yoongi after Jeongguk stormed off.

“Do you want me to drop you off?” Yoongi asked, his tone neutral but his eyes showing concern.

“Nah, he’ll come back,” Seokjin replied with a confident smirk. “Ahhh, wait... His ego is a bit heavy, so he won't come here again, but he won't leave without me. I'm very sure about that,” Seokjin added with a mischievous glint in his eye.

“Yeah?” Yoongi asked, intrigued by Seokjin’s certainty.

“Oh yeah,” Seokjin said, taking his hands out of his pockets and revealing the car keys, swaying them back and forth with a chuckle.

“Smart,” Yoongi said, smiling.

“Okay, Yoongi-ssi. Bye. I don't like to keep my husband waiting for me,” Seokjin said with a playful wink as he turned to leave.

“Are you guys really going on a honeymoon?” Yoongi asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Isn't that what he said?” Seokjin replied with a grin, clearly enjoying Yoongi’s reaction.

Yoongi's eyebrows shot up even higher in disbelief.

“Bye,” Seokjin said, starting to walk away. He stopped abruptly in his tracks and turned around.

“Can I ask you something?” Seokjin said, his tone suddenly serious.

“Sure,” Yoongi replied, curious.

“Are you flirting with me to get back at Jeongguk?” Seokjin asked directly, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“I... I... I would never do such a thing,” Yoongi stuttered, clearly caught off guard.

“I mean, if you are trying to use your charm and manipulate me to get back at Jeongguk or whomever, it's not gonna happen. I will never betray anyone behind their back, and I absolutely despise people who do that as well,” Seokjin said firmly, his gaze unwavering.

“Uhh... what? No, Seokjin. I would never,” Yoongi protested, his face flushing with embarrassment.

Seokjin gave him one last look, as if assessing his sincerity, before turning and walking away, leaving Yoongi standing there, flustered and defensive.

“Fuck, how the fuck can he be cute and intimidating at the same time,” Yoongi muttered under his breath, shaking his head in disbelief.

………..

Seokjin reached the outdoor parking lot and saw Jeongguk leaning against the car, his face showing clear signs of anger and annoyance. Seokjin let out a chuckle and walked towards him. Since this was a private brunch in the middle of the weekday, there weren't any other cars except for those of family members.

“Seeing the way you stormed off, I thought you would have reached home by now,” Seokjin said, approaching Jeongguk with a smirk.

“Give me the fucking key and go back to your boyfriend,” Jeongguk snapped, his eyes narrowing.

“I have a boyfriend? Wow! Who is he? Is he hot? Because I'm not settling for anything basic,” Seokjin replied with a teasing grin, enjoying Jeongguk's irritation.

Jeongguk glared at Seokjin for a moment before grabbing him by the sweater and pulling him close. Seokjin crashed into Jeongguk's chest from the force, their faces mere inches apart, their breaths mingling in the tension-filled air. Without a word, Jeongguk slid his hands into Seokjin's pant pockets, retrieved the keys, and then pushed him back.

Seokjin stumbled slightly, regaining his balance. "Well, that was hot," he said, dusting himself off with a smirk. "But you don't have any fucking right to take that privilege with me." He stepped forward and shoved Jeongguk hard in the chest, making him stumble and fall to the ground.