18

TW MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL, VOMITING, AND SMOKING

real life !

"-And he knew you'd see that he liked your post! The audacity!" Shannon exclaimed.

Cassidy was driving over to Olivia's place and she was calling Shannon in the meantime because she knew she'd hear an earful after Shannon saw Conan had liked her post. CONAN. Out of all people.

"I get it Shannon but don't worry about it. I haven't seen him face to face in what? A year or two? I'm sure we'll be able to avoid each other" Cass responded, drumming her fingers nervously on the steering wheel.

In all honesty, Cass felt like passing out at the thought of seeing Conan again. They didn't end things on the right note and she felt like such a bitch for leaving him but she couldn't control the thoughts of her past self.

"Yeah whatever- but holy shit have you heard his new songs? They're all so good" Shannon said before gasping.

"My bad I forgot you don't do that" 

Cass bit her lip before answering. "Yeah...no I've heard about it just never bothered to listen"

"Call me delusional but I think one of them are about you," Shannon said, sounding almost hesitant to say that sentence.

Dear Lord, when will this end?

"Well, great another thing the media is gonna be on my ass about- you know what Shannon? Fuck it I'll listen to it what's it called?" Cass sighed deeply as she stopped at a red light, trying to quickly pull up her Spotify.

"Never Ending Song" Shannon responded.

"I'll call you back and tell you what I think," Cass said quickly before hanging up on her sister, listening intently as she pulled up the song and pressed the play button.

First, I'll say

I apologize for calling
But I saw your face
In a magazine today
Wasn't you, too late
All my tears already falling
Tried to turn the page
But our story wasn't stopping 
And it goes On and on and on
Like a never-ending song
On and on
Like a never-ending song 
You and I
Sacrificed my adolescence
Just to waste my time
On the edges of your life
But we've grown too close
Now it can't amount to nothing
I can hear your voice
In the music on the radio-

Cass paused it quickly, swallowing hard as she took a hard left before parking in front of Olivia's house. Pressing play again as her stomach churned with each word Conan sang flowing out of the radio like billowing smoke flowing out a chimney. 

Why the hell was his voice so oddly attractive?

And it goes On and on and on
Like a never-ending song
On and on
Like a never-ending song 
Can you make us stay forever?
Are we done?
Can you make it play 
On and on and on
Like a never-ending song
On and on
Like a never-ending song
On and on
On and on
Like a never-ending song