Five.

"I give up. I can't do this, I'm going to cancel and not go tonight"
Adeline was starting to regret agreeing to going out that night. She had been on  FaceTime with Lainey for almost an hour now trying to find something to wear for the night. No outfit seemed to look good and her stomach was in knots.
"Addy calm down. Everything's fine. You're going to go, mingle, and get to know everyone more".
Lainey was in her dressing room getting ready for a show that evening.
"Besides, you said you've met mostly everyone and gotten along good with them already right?" Adeline let out an irritate sigh followed by an eye roll.
"Yes Lainey. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to hang out with them! I haven't been out like this in so long, not to mention you know how awkward and shy I am! AND nothing I put on seems to look good" she felt like she was going to be sick. It was now Lainey's turn to roll her eyes.
"You look good in anything. Just put on your bell bottoms, a flowy top and your boots. It's always a safe choice". Addy was getting more stressed by the second.

"This isn't a honky tonk bar in Nashville Lainey. I'll feel so out of place, more than I already do. I don't wanna be the weird country cowgirl or whatever you want to call it" She let out a loud sigh falling onto the bed, about to give up. She already felt so out of place. Out of her element really. She was never the going out a lot type anyway. Even when she was home, and especially not after everything happened. She sat up as there was a knock at the door. "Come in" It was Johnathan.
Looking at the state of the room, the overwhelmed look on her face he gave her a sympathetic smile.
"Addy we don't have to go out if it's too much for you, if it's too fast. I know this is all new" Before she could get words out Lainey's voice came through the phone. "No she's going tonight. You'll be fine. I know this is new for you but it'll be fine. Where is that flowy, crochet top I got you?" Adeline dug around in her suitcase before pulling it out and holding it up to the camera.
"Yes! Wear that, your black stretchy bootcut pants and platform books. You'll look great!" She thought for a moment before looking at Johnathan who sat at the end of the bed. "I think it looks good too" giving her a reassuring smile. "SEE! The man has taste! It's still in your comfort zone while not going overboard." Thinking for a moment, then letting out a sigh, "alright alright I'll go"
"Yay! Okay, I'm so sorry to do this but I have to go for sound check. I promise you got this girlie. I love you and this will be good! Just don't be afraid to open up a bit, let loose. Johnny won't let anything happen". She paused for a second, who knows maybe you'll have fun." With a wink and smile Lainey hung up. Adeline turned to Johnathan.
"She's right you know. You'll be okay. They're good people. You'll have fun. I promise." She let out a shaky sigh. "I'll let you get dressed then we'll head out in a bit" when he shut the door she started changing into the outfit. She gave herself one last look in the mirror before walking out of the room. She had to admit she did look good. If you look good you feel good right? She fluffed out her curls one last time and grabbed her purse before walking out of the room telling herself she's got this. Who knows, maybe she'll have more fun the she thinks.

A/N
Hi guys!! Here's an update finally! Omg😭 I hope you guys like it. I'm finally starting to get more inspired and pushing myself to just WRITE. However it comes out, it's a learning & improving as I go experience. I have so many ideas coming!! Thank you for being patient & understanding!
much love, Chloe 💛

Adeline's outfit & hair inspo: