Chapter 4

The juniors quickly made their way back to the house they were staying in. The junior quadrant lead the group to go and inform super granny about the situation. The rest were to distract lie An so she would not be able to hear of the dangers to come.

Lsz being the calmest of the group decided that he would be the one to break the news to supper granny.

Super granny had been making soup for her new favourite boys when they came back. Lsz saw her as his own wen popo and hated not being able to tell her the truth about lie An's story sooner. So he took deep breaths and started....

Lsz: sup- ah, granny. We have something to tell you.

SP(super granny) : ah, what troubles have you boys been up to now? Is this about the mystery you were solving?

Ljy: yeah, well about that, we solved it.

SP: oh, that's amazing shizui dear.

Lzs: but the answer has something to do with you.

Sp: what?! How?!

Lsz :let me explain from the beginning granny.

Sp: ok...

Lsz: first of all we found out that the ghost is lie guanyang and she had been murdered by in a staged plan.

Sp: but she died in a freak fire incident.

Said sp in disbelief.

Lsz:The village chiefs daughter had spread rumours about the ghost because of jealousy and riled up the villagers to burn her tea house down.

Sp: so how does this relate to me, kids?

Ljy: the lie familie's daughter survived the fire that day. But the village had tormented her because of the false accusations.

Ozc: thankfully a kind visitor had taken the child in. as return, miss lie gave her protection to the woman and started to get revenge for her child on the villagers who abused her.

Sp: and the child was lie An, wasn't it?

Said sp after taking in the dawning realisation.

Lsz: yes ma'am.

Sp: so what are you kids going to do now?

Lsz: we don't know yet popo. But one thing is for sure. We will avenge lie An and lie guanyang.

Sp: but how? by exposing the village heads daughter of her actions in front of her father?

Lsz: we can't. There is enough evidence proving that he already knows of his daughters actions.

ljy:but is too much of a coward to do anything about it.

Lan disciple 1: we suspect that he is scared of his wife or maybe even his daughter.

Sp: oh how terrible. I will go and talk to lie An. You boys go and get rest for know. You must be tired. We will meet up tomorrow after breakfast to discuss the rest.

Ozc: alright. We'll do as you say super gr- granny.

Lsz looked back on the group and his gaze landed on jin ling. It was at this time shizui could feel something different about the younger.

He had gotten quite close to jin ling during the last few months, even forming a quadrant with him, jin ling, jingyi and zichen. Anyone who paid attention to the boy, (young mistress jin as jingyi would put it) would know that jin ling had strong morals to abide by. They would also know that if someone were to defy those morals, jin ling would fight back.

So it was concerning how quiet the younger boy was.

Lan shizui fell back on his steps to check up on Jin ling. On closer inspection, you could see the young man was trembling with overwhelming emotions hidden beneath. He pulled jl to a corner and asked,

Lsz: jin ling, are you okay?

Jin ling hesitated for a moment before replying,

Jl: I'm not really okay I guess.

Lsz: you want to talk about it?

*jin ling nods his head in contemplation*

Lsz: alright! I'll go and get jingyi and ouyang to join us in my room.

Suddenly, Jin ling's instincts took over and he grabbed lan shizui's arm. Sadly for jl, his instincts left him alone to deal with the awkward situation (which was caused by his damned instincts in the first place!)

Jin ling had gathered all of his courage and asked...

Jl: i-uh-uhm, could you just come by yourself?

Lan shizui smiled at the request in agreement. He understood that his friend was in a very vulnerable state and he was more than happy to help however he could.

He had gotten a lot closer to jin ling than he thought he would. It was mostly because his xian gege had asked him to look after jl when he arrived at cloud recesses for the lectures. And how could he refuse the request of his precious father figure? Overtime, shizui and the rest had been able to break down jin lings arrogant facade. They had learned the truth about koi tower, yunmeng jiang, helped jin ling cope with the guanyin temple incident and much more. Although jingyi wasn't that open to jin ling in the beginning, he had grown to care for the golden boy as well. Of course they still fight, but it was just a harmless (lethal) exchange of words between close friends. And they never went too far either. Ozc was slightly shy at first but quickly opened up as well. He was considered as the therapist of the group. (But shizui still had the brain cells). Shizui though it was safe to say that jin ling was the baby/ volunteer money pouch of the group.

Lsz continued to think about the dynamic of their group when he realised that they were already in front of his door.

After the two boys had changed, they went and sat on the bed and snuggled close together. It had been a normal custom for them to be snuggled together in a blanket whenever one of them had a bad day. But, Shizui felt slightly different huddled together with jin ling only, but chose not to address it.

Lsz: do you want to start speaking now?

Lsz asked politely.

Jin ling took a deep breath and began to speak...

Jl: it's just that I am seeing my self in lie An's situation. First her parents died. Then an evil bastard who is the cause of her parents death secretly, acts as if she is the most compassionate person in existence. And both of us suffered by others who were taking advantage of the situation. The difference between us is that this grand reveal happened when I was 15. Lie An is just barely 6!
I also had close friends to rely on when this happened. But lie An doesn't. And I just want to Argh- I don't know anymore!

Lan shizui silently changed their positions so that jin ling aas lying on top of him.

__________________________________

There will be a part two of this chapter so don't worry.