'Drop and give us fifty'

"Fuck."

Yejun's suspicions had finally been confirmed. The universe hated her. Sure, she had more money than she knew what to do with it, and yeah, she had good looks and a nice house, but that's not the point. The point is that she was standing in front of her new 'family' wanting the floor to open up and eat her.

"Yejun! Language, sweetheart." Her dad said, throwing his arm around her shoulders while using that charming fake laugh. The woman sitting at their table laughs and stands, moving to grab a visually uncomfortable Yejun by the hands. "Yejun, I'd like you to meet my son, Hyunjin." Hearing it out loud made Yejun's knees wobble, any fond feelings towards her new brother flying out the window.

Hyunjin didn't look very good himself; as a matter of fact, he probably looked worse than Yejun. He arguably had stronger feelings for her, but now he didn't know what to feel. He just felt gross.

"We've met each other, Mom." Yejun felt a little nervous. He wasn't going to tell them they basically went on a date, right? Plus, most of their relationship involved them flirting with one another, or, in Yejun's case, nervously giggling and avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, how do you know each other?" Yejun took a seat across from Hyunjin, allowing her dad to sit across from his new lover. Barf. "We go to school together." Relief flooded through her veins. "Of course. My Yejun makes me proud when it comes to her academics." She tried; she really did, but as soon as those words left her dad's mouth, she choked on her water, remnants dripping from her nose. She quickly grabbed her napkin and covered her mouth, making eye contact with a snickering Hyunjin.

Cleaning herself up and ignoring her dad's glare, Yejun apologized. "So, Yejun, what are you going to school for?" "Umm." You would think that was an easy question, but Yejun had no clue. Like she's said before, her dad controlled everything for her, even her personality. That's one of the reasons she doesn't try as hard around her team; her dad doesn't know them.

"Yejun goes for business just like her dad. One day she'll take over and almost be as good as me." Yejun fake laughs along with her dad, rolling her eyes once he wasn't looking. "Okay, I think it's time to discuss living arrangements." Oh god, she forgot about that.

If there was any way to describe Yejun, it would be annoyed, sad, mad, and full of pasta

If there was any way to describe Yejun, it would be annoyed, sad, mad, and full of pasta. They were done with the treacherous dinner, and now she was stuck in a car with her new problem. She decided not to speak to Hyunjin; she knew the whole situation wasn't his fault, but she was upset and she couldn't help it. "Okay, we're here." Yejun was the only one getting dropped off at her house, with her dad claiming he needed to help Seo Ah with her furniture for the up-coming move. Yeah, right.

"Goodnight." Yejun was getting out of the car when she was stopped. "I'll walk you to the door." "Oh, there's no need." "I insist." She sighed, closing the car door and making her way to the gate entrance.