'I'll protect you with my life.'

Yejun was absolutely shitting her pants. She stood at the back of the group, watching the rides in the distance as Jungwon talked to the ticket passer-outer. The distant scream had her feeling queasy, it also made her feel like she was getting a season pass into hell.

The loud noises of excited children and adults behind her were not helping at all, the joyous celebrations made her want to leave even more.

"-jun? Yejun?" Snapping out of her terrified daze, she looked to find all the boys staring at her, gesturing for her to go first through the entrance. Sensing her hesitation, Jake gave her a light push, not wanting a repeat of the door incident.

After quietly apologizing, she made her way through and looked around, the screams only getting louder. "Okay! What are we doing first?" Jay took the lead, clapping his hands together and making his way to the front of the group, turning around and walking backwards.

"Let's get something to eat."

"What? No. You don't eat before riding a roller coaster." Sunoo quickly shot down Niki's idea.

"Oh, come on, it adds to the thrill." Sunoo scoffed, casually making his way to Yejun and scooping her hand up. "If you throw up on me, you won't have to worry about a thrill, because you'll be dead."

Yejun couldn't focus on the argument, wondering what the hell was going on. Why was Sunoo being so casual? She tried to calm herself, but it was hard, especially because she noticed the other boys sneaking glances, mysterious emotions hidden within them. She hoped and prayed that her hand wasn't clammy or dry, given that Sunoo's hand felt unrealistically soft.

"We have to start with Atlantis!" Even Sunghoon sounded excited. Sounds of agreement were made as Yejun followed the group around like a lost duck, Sunoo's hold on her hand tightening whenever he pulled her to keep up.

They made it into the line, and Yejun realized that they were trying to kill her. Looking at the ride they were at, she felt the non-existent breakfast she had that morning rise to her throat.

"I really think I should sit this one out." Yejun let go of Sunoo's hand and turned to walk away, but she didn't get far before a hand grabbed her elbow. "No, you can't go. Without you, it's uneven." Sunghoon pulled her back to the line. "Plus, this is our bonding experience, so you're going to ride whether you like it or not." Everyone stared at her as Yejun nervously looked at the ride, wringing her hands together and trying to think of a valid excuse.

"Wait a second, this isn't your first time riding a roller coaster, is it?" Yejun didn't appreciate how Jungwon asked that while holding in a laugh, but she was too scared to voice that point. "Yes! It is, okay?" They looked shocked, turning to each other slowly before they all started laughing, not including her favorite, Sunoo.

"What's so funny? My dad never took me." Slowly, they stopped, probably realizing how sad it was that someone with a rich family was never taken to an amusement park of all places. Heeseung cleared his throat. "It's really fun, and you'll be able to sit with one of us." They all nodded.

"Who do you want?"

"You should choose me. I have a naturally calming aura around me." Take a wild guess on who said that.

Jay pushed Jake to the side, ignoring his audacious statement. "She should choose whoever she wants." Yejun laughed in their faces before grabbing Sunoo's arm. She said nothing, but watching their expectant faces fall was enough revenge for them laughing at her.

"I'll protect you with my life." Sunoo shared his smile with Yejun. "Why bother?"

They were finally at the front of the line, and as another little joke, the boys quickly took all the seats but the front ones, giggling to themselves before innocently looking back at Yejun. She glared at them as Sunoo pulled her to the front row. He helped her with the safety guards before holding his hand out. No words were shared as Yejun placed her hand in his, slotting their fingers together, both giving each other a squeeze of reassurance.