One week later

Evi:
Bill stands up and I wrap my legs tightly around his waist. Bill gently lays me down on the bed, my legs still tightly around him and his body pressed firmly against mine.
When he slowly moves his hips, a soft moan leaves my mouth.
I open my eyes in shock and stop the kiss, which causes Bill to open his eyes and look at me.
I try to control my breathing.
Bill looks at me longingly and gently caresses my cheek. I push him off of me and I sit up.
I sit cross-legged on the bed and Bill sits diagonally behind me, his legs placed around me and softly puts a kiss on my cheek.
I stare at my hands and play with the bracelet on my right wrist.
"Sorry." I stammer.
"Sorry for what?"
I turn slightly towards him and look at him for a moment before I lower my eyes and look back at my hands.
"I better go." I finally say and get up from the bed.
"Evi," Bill gently takes my hand and turns me towards him. "What wrong?"
"I just want to take things slow."
"Me too."
I look at him a bit confused.
"I thought that, um,"
He gently pulls me towards him.
"I'll wait until you're ready." He looks at me lovingly and gently caresses my cheek.
"That's what my ex said and-"
"I'm not your ex." He interrupts me.
I look at him doubtfully, not sure what to say.
He squeezes my hand gently and looks at me lovingly, which causes a small smile to appear on my face. He leans towards me and presses his lips to mine with some hesitation.

It's been a week now and since me and Bill are officially a couple. We're trying a little harder to hide it from the outside world, despite the pictures that have already appeared of us together.
I'm working in the cafe and have been alone all morning, since Alicia is sick.
It is very quiet, so that is a bonus. Apart from the regular customers, I haven't seen anyone all day.
Summer holiday ends in two weeks and I have to finally make up my mind on what I wanna do.
Either I go back to school, or I have to find a job.
Problem is that I don't really know what I wanna do with my life. Who thought it was smart to let us make an important decision like that at this age?
I greet customers who come in and quickly clear some tables before I go to get their order.
"What can I get for you?" I ask politely and with a little smile on my face. But to my surprise I don't get a friendly smile in return.
"A cappuccino and coke."
Surprised, I walk back to the bar. I make a cappuccino, empty the bottle of coke into a glass and walk to the table.
"Here you go." I say as kindly as possible, but I get that same look again. I decide to ignore it and remain friendly myself, after all, they are still customers.

When my shift is finally over, I walk home.
Bill should be almost home from his day in the studio. The band starts touring in two weeks, just when the summer holidays are over.
They are going on a world tour and will be away for four months.
Apart from the few days off that they have, and they come home again, I won't be able to see Bill.
It makes me a little worried, we just started dating and I don't know how that will turn out.
What if we grow apart? We are not even dating for a month when they leave.m
And it will be six weeks before I see him again.
I open the front door and go inside.
"Hi, Mom."
"Hi, honey."
"When does dad come home?"
"No idea honey. They have deadlines and the audit starts in a few days."
I nod and take a bottle of water from the fridge.
"Is everything OK?" She looks at me questioningly and I nod.
"Yes, I just don't know what I'm going to do when the summer holidays are over."
"I thought you wanted to go to nursing school?"
"Yes, but I think I'd rather do something else."
She nods understandingly.
"Whatever you do, the most important thing is that you are happy in what you do."
That's the problem, I don't know what I wanna do at all. And I also catch myself that I may be taking my relationship with Bill a little too much into account.
Combining a life with theirs is not easy. But should I even take that into account after a week of being together? I sigh deeply as I walk up the stairs. I go into my room, start up my laptop and send Bill a quick message.

Evi: Will I see you today? xx

I put my phone next to my laptop on the desk and start scrolling through Facebook.
I go through my notifications and see that I'm tagged in several pictures. I open the notification and see dozens of photos from a party a few months ago. Everyone who was there was tagged in it, including my ex.
Why are those pictures posted months later?
I sigh deeply and quickly scroll through the pictures. The pictures of me and my ex together make my stomach turn.
The way he has his arm around me, the way he pressed his lips to my cheek. All appearances to the outside world.
If only they knew what happened when we were alone.
I close my laptop and quickly send Bill another message. I don't want to disturb him and I don't want to impose myself, but I just really want to be with him now.
Just as I hit send I hear a soft knock on the door
and Bill's phone ringing.
I immediately get a smile on my face and quickly open the door.
Without saying anything, I pull Bill closer to me and press my lips firmly to his.