🍌13. Logan🍌

I waited until April moved away and then picked it up.

I saw the number.
I took a deep breath and picked it up.

- Yes?

-...

- I just...

-...

- I always look out for her.

-...

- What happened?

-...

- Yes.

I turned off the phone. I was between running after April, and picking up my sister from school. I was looking at the time. It was school time. Damn it. I lost April anyway. I don't know where I went. It will be fine...I hope. I looked around and there was no one. So she will be safe. That's what I wanted to believe...

I arrived outside the elementary school. The yard was almost empty, so it wasn't hard to spot Lily. She was sitting on the steps alone, waiting for me.

As soon as I was in her field of vision, she jumped and ran at me.

- Logan!

She called out in her shrill excited voice.

As usual, she ran at me and jumped into my arms. She latched onto me like a monkey. I buried my face in her hair kissing her.

- What does my sunbeam do?

- I missed you, Logan.

- Me too, my little star.

- Why were you late?

- Sorry ladybug, but I had a job...

- Yes, but it's not the first time. You've been late for days...

She said plaintively and she was right.

- I apologize for the umpteenth time, little buzzard.

I said as I walked over with Lily in my arms.

- You know how he yells when we're late...

She said again.

- Yes, my cupcake. I know. You don't need to hear, do you? What did I tell you to do?

- To put on my headphones and turn on the music.

- Well done, my jelly.

I said and kissed her on the cheek.

Lily was the most precious thing I had in my life. She was my great love. The light in my darkness. My ray of sunshine. I would do anything for her. If I was alone and I didn't have Lily, I don't know if I would have survived, if I would have had the strength to fight, to fight, to reach where I have reached. Every time I drop her off at school I miss her so much. I think about her all the time. I hope at least he has a better time there and has a few hours of peace of mind. Lily deserves the best and I will fight hard to give her the best.

- How were your new sneakers, Lily? Were they comfortable?

- Yes, Logan. They were fine.

- Since I got you a bigger number. The others were too small for your feet and torn. Every day you will grow more and more.

- I also showed them to the kids and told them that my brother got them to make them jealous.

She said happily, swinging her legs back and forth proudly. My heart filled with warmth that I was able to give her something, even just this little bit...

- You won't miss a thing, Lily. Whatever you need, you'll tell me okay little star?

- Thank you, Logan! You are the best brother in the world!