Prologue

Growing up, I was a huge fan of Overwatch. I used to watch all their battles live on television. But as I grew older, I learned they disbanded, and from there, I found my love for science. I went to college for several years to study and graduated at the top of my class. I soon went on to open up my private underground lab right here in Apex Grove! However, things could have gone better during one of my experiments.I was researching the chemistry behind catalysts when I heard someone entering my lab. It startled me because I was the only one in my team in the lab working in the middle of the night. As I dropped my experiment, spilling it onto myself, the person breaking in got startled and ran but left me alone while changes happened to my body. It was like my genetics... my cells..., and my atoms were scrambling. After a few moments, the feeling had stopped as if nothing had happened. Did something happen or was it just in my head? Either way, I went on with my life as usual, but I felt something constantly wrong as I walked around in public. During one of my morning walks, I saw one of the local gang members attacking a teacher who was just trying to get her class to the bus. I hesitated for a moment but ran to help the teacher. As I put my hands on the gang member to pull him off, I got shot. Everyone was looking at me shocked as the teacher got away. I was surprised myself as I felt nothing despite being shot in the heart. It was as if the wound healed quickly. The bullet fell out from the hole it created. As I looked up at the gang member, I was not sure what I was feeling at that moment. Was it rage? Fear? I'm not sure, but I grabbed him with full force, and as if it were natural to me, my hand slowly went from being covered in skin to being covered in hard metal plates. I suddenly swung my metallic hand, knocking out the criminal. Looking at my hand in awe, it slowly turned back to flesh. It took a few moments to fully set in, but my body had not only healed itself but changed its molecular makeup to be completely different. I wasn't sure how this was possible. Was it magic? Or was I just dead? I will never know, but with each person I saved, I understood my powers just a little bit more. Soon after, while helping protect students during a school shooting, I learned I could self-replicate as I turned into two versions of myself. This helped heal the student's injuries while I took the criminal head-on.However, working alone wasn't all it was cracked up to be...So I created my dog, Apollo. He was a German shepherd with a human-like body. When I created him it was the discovery of a lifetime, so I trained him to protect. Now using his shootable claws and his ability to ignite, he helps me fight crime.However, it was still lonely, and hard; I couldn't keep up with each crime while still being able to continue working on my science experiments. Something was still missing. But what? It was either my life or the environment, but before I could make a final choice, I met others just like me with different abilities. Jaylen, a man of confusion who can create a one-way bubble with a flick of his hand, allowing people to see in, but not out. His charisma almost seems to boost the team's damage in some way.Athena, the girl of art and anxiety, with a gun and tablet in hand, she can not only shoot her targets but using her tablet, she can create walls of illusions. Although, her anxiety does seem to have some effect on her opponents.And finally, Laney, a fellow support hero with her white magic of healing. With her energy discs and spear, she is an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.Together, we formed an unstoppable team; each with their own unique abilities. We became known as Underwatch. Secretly fighting crimes and keeping people safe. Our team grew and grew with each passing day until we came across a newly found team of villains called The Guild of the Forsaken Storm. They were led by the cruel mastermind, Meghan, a woman of manipulation and fear. If someone gets too close, she can take control using hypnosis. That's how she was able to take some of our teammates and make them into her own, including Jaylen. But despite everything, we will continue to stand and we will not stop until we bring her down or go down trying! But in the meantime, we need more heroes or we won't last...So come now to the great city of Apex Grove and help us protect the city, and if Overwatch is listening...We got your back!