two

II. Fake Boyfriend

BARCELONA: May 2022

TWITTER:

@fan099: cool outfit cat!

@fan16: its you!

@fan155: i keep forgetting that cat still works despite being Fernando Alonso's niece

It seems like the arrival of the grand prix has also meant the arrival of crazy orders. Cat has been working at the same Starbucks but every grandprix brought different kinds of people.

Some recognized her, some didn't really care, some were just plain rude. Today however was free practice day and later on would be qualifying therefore, the team prepared themselves for the wave of people that will come in. Luckily, they were well trained and survived not only the lunch rush but also the rush of people from the race.

They were now in the in between of that lone hour or two between lunch and afternoon rush. Cat was working on the drinks and was just finishing a latte when she heard her co-worker and friend talk with a rushing boy.

She turned to see what was going on, only to be shocked at the sight. It was the young blonde boy that helped her on the train a few days ago, but something was wrong. He looked he was dancing on his feet or there was coal on his feet, he just could not stand still.

Cat walked closer with furrowed eyebrows and listened in. "Can I please use your bathroom?" he asked. Jeraldine (the cashier and her friend) shook her head, "I'm sorry sir but you need to buy first." She said.

Paul shook his head, "I- I don't have my wallet right now, can't I just-" "I'm sorry sir." He sighed and was about to leave when Cat decided to speak, "Paul?" she asked.

Both Jeraldine and Paul looked at her, she sent him a smile, "Babe, what are you doing here?" she asked. His eyes widened as Jeraldine raised an eyebrow and smirked at her. "Uh-" Cat cut him off with a chuckle, "Je, this is Paul, my boyfriend." She said, widening her eyes at him, hoping he would get it.

But Paul was more shocked and confused to go along with it. "Boyfriend?" Jeraldine asked amused. Cat smiled and nodded, "Let him use the bathroom, I'll deal with the boss." She said.

That's when Paul realized what she was doing. He gulped and straightened his posture and smiled, "Sorry for barging in babe. I just took my chances, you know me and my um...bladder." He said.

Cat couldn't help but chuckle at his words, she nodded and turned to Jeraldine with a grinned, she opened her palm towards her. The older woman narrowed her eyes at the girl but sighed, "Good, I believe you. But you will explain to the boss if he asks you." She said before handing her the keys to the restroom.