twenty four

XXIV. Uncoordinated Schedule

MADRID: September 2023

TWITTER:

@fan00: what? What???

@fan98: looks like who?

@fan110: seems like paul has joined the in love train

@dinodinosaur: he's being cheesy. He's guilty @kittycat

     @kittycat: I know

     @paulito: I'll make it up to you

     @kittycat: I know you will

@arturo: make me feel more lonely will ya

     @olls: what do you mean? You have lettie 🤔

The moment Cat answered the call, the sigh that welcomed her, she knew that there was something wrong. "Paul? Are you okay?" she asked.

Another sigh answered her, she can imagine the frown that was on his face, it worried her so. There still wasn't a verbal answer, it somehow worried her more and annoyed her at the same time.

She let out a few breaths, calming herself down before speaking again, "Paul. I swear to everything that is good, tell me is something wrong? Why won't you say anything-"

"Cat. I'm sorry."

"What? What for?" Cat's heart was hammering in her chest. She was nervous and Paul's decision of prolonging whatever he wanted to say.

"I-I can't come visit Cat. I forgot about my commitment with training." He said. She can hear the sadness and guilt in his voice, but she didn't care about that.

"Geez Paul, you scared me..."

This confused him, "Why?" he asked. Cat let out a sigh, her eyebrows furrowed, "Because it sounded like you did something bad."

That's when it made sense to Paul, he cleared his throat, "I wouldn't- Cat. I wouldn't do anything to ruin your trust."

Cat didn't understand the sudden situation they were in. It's not like they were ever together, not yet at least. All she knew is that Paul meant a lot to her, she didn't need a label to admit that.

The let out a sigh, "You scared me Paul." Her voice made his heart ache, he didn't mean to. He was already feeling guilty about not being able to see her, but now this was worse.