Chapter Twenty-One

Build was floating in outer space. He glided aimlessly, unsure he would ever find his way back to earth. It was Wichapas who found him, kissing his cheeks and temple to welcome him home. Build loosened his arms to receive the reverence, adjusting to gravity once more.

The burn of his husband sliding out of him had Build hissing, but Wichapas was quick to distract with another kiss. It pressed his head into the pillow, their hot tongues meeting momentarily.

After wiping them both down with a shirt Bible laid back down on top of his husband. Wet and sticky bodies set to cool against each other.

"Are you okay?" Bible inquired, kissing the pulse in Build's neck.

Build took his time assessing his body, eventually nodding his answer. He was a bit sore, but more tingly than anything else, weak legs were still shaky. He couldn't remember a similar experience the first time.

Wichapas lifted his torso to look into his husband's eyes as if he was trying to find something. Build turned away, suddenly too embarrassed to face those probing eyes.

"Are you sure?" He questioned once more, giving a kiss to Build's cheek.

Build nodded.

"Look at me."

The command sent a shiver through Build, like the tremor of an aftershock. Despite the abashment he looked back at those dark obsidian eyes. They were decorated by the soft lines of his tender gaze.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm sure." The response was hushed, as if speaking a secret.

Build got stuck staring at his husband's beautiful face, wondering why he had once been so scared. The anger that Wichapas showed him once wasn't much in comparison to the warmth that surfaced the moment his son was born. Bible kissed the inside of Build's wrist as he tucked strands of hair behind his ear.

"Are you okay?" It felt right to ask.

Build wasn't expecting his question to be so funny, but Wichapas broke into a loud laugh. It was such a beautiful sound, the rumble of it felt amazing against him. The prickle of amusement was contagious, it had Build smiling while his husband laid back down to nuzzle his neck.

"I think I'm a little bit more than just 'okay'." Build could feel his husband's own smile. He appreciated it with a kiss to his sweaty forehead. "Though I'm disappointed I don't get to take another hot bath with you. This tub is too small, we have to shower."

"I don't mind." Build closed his eyes and enjoyed the heavy warmth that pinned him down. How his husband nudged his nose over the underside of his jaw and wrapped his arms around him.

"Was I too rough?"

Build was surprised by Bible's question. The pain of the spanking had long faded. Despite their sting, Build was sure that it wasn't even close to how hard Wichapas could hit. He was already incredibly curious to know how much he could take. There wasn't a thing he didn't enjoy, a thing that made him uncomfortable. He just wanted more, to explore the deviancy his husband seemed to be trying to hide.

"Not at all." Build answered smugly.

His reply had the intended response. His husband lifted himself up again to meet his eyes.

"Not at all, huh?" Wichapas' smile was wicked, but amused. "I'll take note of that, Jakapan."

Build smiled back, coy but proud. The wine still lingered and he felt enough ease to be coquettish.

"Let's get in the shower before we fall asleep like this." Wichapas stood and offered his hand. Build stared at it, he wasn't really sure he could stand. He eased himself to the edge of the bed and tentatively put his feet on the ground.