CHAPTER EIGHT

Y/N

BANG!

My knees weaken so I rolled down on the slope to the gate. I heard footsteps of two people running.

"Ms. Y/N, what was that?" Mr. Watanabe asked me when they reach the gate.

His subordinate opened the gate and helped me stand up.

I am scared... why did we hear a gunshot?

"Let's go in sir." The subordinate said.

I sit in the corner and the officers enter the house. Biting my nails, I prayed it is not what I am thinking.

After a while they came back...

I look at them asking them through my eyes what happen.

"Rindou Haitani... shoot his head." Mr. Watanabe said.

I cried and run inside the house. I went to his room and I saw his blood spilled on the ground. I kneeled down in front of his dead body...

"Rin..." I called him. "Rin! Answer me!" I crawled to him but the subordinate stopped me.

"Miss you can't touch him..." he told me.

I push him and went to Rindou. I leaned down to hug his cold body. "Rin..." I keep crying. "Why do you always decide things on your own? I want my child to have a father... why? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS?" I lose my mind screaming and asking him why.

He doesn't have to die like this...

Mr. Watanabe pulled me and carry me outside. He let me sit in an ambulance car. Rin's blood is all over my face, hand, arms and dress.

"Miss, let me clean you." A nurse said.

I nod but when I saw Rin's body coming out from the house I run to him again. Calling his name in case it can bring him alive, begging him to open his eyes.

At the police station, I keep on crying silently when Mr. Watanabe approach me.

"We are on standby in front of your house. We should've entered the house before anything happens... but we waited for something to happen. We're sorry... we couldn't save Rindou Haitani..."

I wipe my tears. "It must be Rindou's choice. We can't do anything about it. Since the first time I met him, he decide things on his own."

Mr. Watanabe smiled at me and gave me an envelope. "We found this in Rindou's room... it seems like it is for you."

I sob as I receive the letter.

"Read it when you calm your mind... I called my wife already... she'll be here." He stood up and patted my head. "I should've told you in the first time we met, that you are living with someone who's out for parole... but I didn't know you lost your memories, afraid I might offend you."

I shake my head. "It is okay Mr." I smiled. "Thank you for all the help. I am really in huge depth with you and Ms. Watanabe."

He smiled. "I am just doing my work... and she's doing hers for her student."

After a few hours...

Ms. Watanabe came along with Ken, glad they didn't bring mom here because she will faint seeing me wearing a dress with blood. I didn't change yet, I am not in my right mind and I am busy crying.

"Oh my goodness..." Ms. Watanabe said and hugs me. "What happen to you again?" She cried.

Ken is just looking at me worriedly.

I took a deep breathe. "Ms." I called her and also cried. "Rindou killed himself."

She's just patting my back.

"I am sorry Ms. I love him again... but I know I can't forgive him." I sob. "I am also pregnant with his child."

"What?" Ms. Watanabe exclaimed in shock.

"What should I do Miss? My child won't have a father." I continue crying.

She just comforted me like she did four years ago. Mr. Watanabe approach us.

"Look who's this?" Ms. Watanabe said. "Isn't this my useless husband? How have you been?"

I smiled lightly looking at them.

"Come on, how could you say that? We rarely see each other." Mr. Watanabe replied.

She rolled her eyes. "Is it my fault? Why do you have to talk back to your chief rudely and be transfered here."

"Are you looking down to this place? I found a lot of missing cats and dogs here. And..." he looks at me. "I also helped your student."

I smiled at him. They look cute together.

I changed myself and Ken is waiting outside the rest room.

He clears his throat when our eyes met. "I'll be the father of that child."

I deadass look at him. "Are you really kidding in this situation?" I walk away.

He pulled my hand. "I am serious here, how could you not notice my feelings for you Ms. Y/N?"

"I am sorry, I don't have time for that and Rindou is this child's father no matter what." I said and pulled my hand from him.

He is, it won't change, Rindou...

---