Prolongue:

Zeynah's Pov:

My heart raced uncontrollably, and I silently pleaded with Allah, 'Oh Allah, grant me patience and the strength to endure this. Please help me, ya rabbi.' I repeated this prayer in my heart, seeking solace and guidance.

As I sat on the bed of roses, my heart raced like a wild animal, threatening to burst free from my ribcage. The scent of the flowers filled my nostrils, but I couldn't appreciate their beauty. I'd been waiting for what felt like an eternity, my mind racing with worst-case scenarios. Suddenly, the door creaked open, and I felt a jolt of electricity run through my body. I closed my eyes, my heart pounding in my chest, as his footsteps approached.

The bed dipped beside me, and I knew he was staring at me, his eyes boring into mine. He lifted my veil upwards while my head was still lowered, his thumb grazing my chin as he tilted my face towards him. ''Look at me, Zey", he growled, his voice low and menacing. I opened my eyes, my gaze meeting his, and felt a shiver run down my spine. ''Did you get what you wanted?'' he asked, his voice devoid of emotion.

I swallowed hard, trying to find my voice. ''Huh? What do you mean by that?'' I whispered. He didn't flinch, his eyes still fixed on mine. ''You married me despite my warnings, without even a second thought. You must have been desperate to become my wife, even if it means being unwanted.'' His words cut deep, and tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. "It doesn't matter if the Nikkah took place or not", he continued, his voice dripping with venom. "Remember this: you will never receive the treatment from me which every girl dreams of from her husband. Never."
He spat the last word, then stood up and stormed out of the room, leaving me shattered and alone.

●●●