Chapter 02: Stuck In The Crossfire

Zaviyar's Pov:

Zaviyar's Pov:

(Zaviyar's outfit)

(Zaviyar's outfit)

I gazed up at the clients as my brother, Ruhail Abid, read out the final condition of the agreement. They listened intently, and as he finished, they exchanged nods and the manager smiled. "Mr. Zaviyar, we accept all your terms and conditions. It's a pleasure to work with Ztech, and we hope to achieve great heights together." He stood up, extending his hand for a handshake. I rose from my seat, my expression neutral, and shook hands with him.

(Ruhail's Outfit)

(Ruhail's Outfit)

After the meeting, they departed, leaving Ruhail and me behind. As the door closed, Ruhail's annoying voice pierced the silence. "Woah, we did it, bro!" I raised an eyebrow at him. "I mean You did it, bro. Congratulations! Let's celebrate!" He winked, I swear this man never gets tired. I ignored his suggestion and sat back down, taking a sip of my coffee which turned out to be extra sweet than I would prefer.

I pressed the intercom and ordered firmly, "Tell Sam to bring my coffee in five minutes and send Naila to my office." Ruhail chimed in, "What did the poor soul do to you now, bro? Don't tell me you're going to fire her for brewing a bad cup of coffee, are you? That's like me firing you for being a boring person!" He chuckled and took a seat in front of me.
I shot him a stern look. "Please mind your own business, Ruhail."

He laughed, literally, finding my response amusing. "How can I when your business is also mine? You need to get married, man. You're losing your mind!" He continued to tease me. I glared at him, my patience wearing thin.

The knocking on the door interrupted our banter. "Come in," I said, not breaking my gaze from Ruhail. Naila, my assistant, entered. She was wearing such tight clothing, making it hard to imagine how she could breathe, and her expression turned nervous as she approached me. I addressed her, my tone stern. "You were hired based on your experience, but you failed miserably on your first day by not even brewing a decent cup of coffee, Ms. Naila." Her eyes dropped, and she fidgeted, "I-I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

She apologized profusely, promising to improve. I warned her that this was her last chance and dismissed her. As she left, Sam entered with a fresh cup of coffee. I took a sip, feeling the hot liquid warm my throat.

Ruhail remained engrossed in his phone all this while, "If you have no work to do, then you should leave as I have work on hand," I said to him.

"You're so boring, man. I've been sitting here for half an hour, putting up with your grumpiness, hoping you'd take me out to celebrate, but wait, how can I forget Mr. Zaviyar, the busiest person on the planet, can't even spare a couple of hours for his best friend?" He stood up, wiping away fake tears. I glanced at my watch displaying 10:15 p.m, closed the files, and got up. "I knew you wouldn't break my heart, bro!" He hugged me, and I pushed him away, rolling my eyes.

I arrived home around 1 a.m, exhausted and drained. My mom was asleep at the kitchen table, her hand resting under her head, and her eyes flickered open as I approached, her gaze fixed on me with a glare. "How many times have I told you not to come home this late? You're still acting like a child, Zavi."

I crouched beside her, taking her hands in mine. "I had errands to run, and then Ruhail took me out to celebrate our new partnership. And how many times have I told you not to wait up for me, Mom?" I said calmly.

She caressed my hair, her expression softening. "What can I do, I'm obligated to wait for you since you refuse to marry and relieve me of my responsibilities." I sighed, frustrated that our conversation always circled back to marriage.

"Mom, I've told you before, I don't want to marry anyone. I'm happy with my life as it is, and I have you with me. What more could I need? Please, let's drop this topic for good."
She stood up, her expression determined. "If you're going to be stubborn, then know that I'm your mother, and I won't give up until I see you married. Your food is in the refrigerator, warm it up before eating." With that, she left me, and I went to bed, feeling drained.

The next morning, I woke up at 6 AM, got ready for the gym, and then headed to the office. As I left the house, I greeted my mom and my dad, Mr. Ahemad, who was sitting with her. "We're leaving for California tomorrow, and your Aunt has invited us for dinner on Sunday. Don't forget," he reminded me. I took a sip of my coffee, avoiding eye contact with my dad. "Yes, I remember. You guys can leave, but I have an important meeting tomorrow and some errands to run, so I'll be leaving the day after tomorrow." I said, trying to sound as neutral as possible.

I could feel the tension between us, a result of our past conflicts. My mom intervened, "Okay, dear, be safe, and don't forget to call us when you arrive." I nodded, still avoiding eye contact with my dad.

After breakfast, I bid them farewell and headed out, ready to face another busy day.

●●●

♡Author's note:♡

Hey lovely readers!🤗

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 2! As an amateur writer, I appreciate your feedback and would love to hear your thoughts. If you spot any mistakes or have suggestions, please share them in the comments below - I'm all ears!

What do you think is brewing between Zavi and his father? Will Zaviyar's heart ever melt? Did you enjoyed Ruhail's character? Share your theories, and let's discuss!👀

Thanks for choosing my book, and I'll see you in Chapter 3! Stay tuned!💌

Do Vote and Comment>♡

.