Chapter 04: Trapped In Obligation

Third person's Pov:

Zeynah's heart sank as she looked at her parents, pleading silently for this to be a dream. But they seemed oblivious to her distress, caught up in their enthusiasm at the prospect of her marrying Zaviyar.

Her father, Usman Khan, patted Zaviyar's shoulder excitedly and agreed to the match, with Aunt Rukhsar chiming in, "They would look so good together, right, Nadia?" She asked Zeynah's mother to which she nodded with a smile.
As the families discussed the proposal, Zeynah nervously avoided eye contact, the colorful tiles of the floor suddenly seeming much more interesting.

Zeynah's Pov:

I stole a glance at Zaviyar, but his expression remained unyielding, his eyes fixed intently on mine

I stole a glance at Zaviyar, but his expression remained unyielding, his eyes fixed intently on mine. Uncle Ahmed's voice broke the silence, "So, can we take that as a yes?" My father turned to me, and I quickly averted my gaze, fixating on the tiles beneath my feet. "Yes, you can," my father responded, "but first, I'd like to have a word with my daughter. We can proceed further next weekend at your place, what do you say?" Uncle Ahmed smiled and nodded in agreement, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction.

------------------

As they left, I stormed into my room and slammed the door shut, locking it behind me. My mind was swirling with questions and thoughts. What was I going to do? I sat down on my bed, trying to calm myself.
Baba would come soon and ask for my answer. How could I possibly refuse him? They all seemed so thrilled with the thought of me with him.

"Oh Allah, please help me," I silently prayed as my worries and doubts washed over me like a wave. Why was Zaviyar agreeing to it? I mean we had not contact each other for years, and I didn't even know this Zaviyar properly then why the sudden proposal?

Zaviyar's Pov:

As we entered our California home, I turned to my mother with a mix of shock and frustration, asking, "What was that all about, Mom?" I struggled to contain my emotions in check

As we entered our California home, I turned to my mother with a mix of shock and frustration, asking, "What was that all about, Mom?" I struggled to contain my emotions in check. "Do you realize what you've done?" I pressed on, trying to keep my composure.

My mother settled into the couch, her expression calm. "I know exactly what I did, Zavi. Zeynah is a perfect match for you, and we believe she'll make a great life partner."

I couldn't hide my anger. "You didn't even bother to ask me! I told you I'm not ready for marriage, that I don't want to commit. Yet you went ahead and made this decision without my consent. I can't believe you did this!"

My father intervened, his voice firm. "Lower your voice, young man. We did what we thought was best for you. You and Zeynah will lead a happy life together."

I shot him a defiant look, but he held my gaze with a commanding stare. My mother's eyes welled up with tears. "I didn't talked to you because I knew you'd refuse as you did before or even worse, you wouldn't go there. We're not your enemies, Zavi. We want you to be happy, not stuck in work alone forever. You're our only child, dear."

I shook my head, feeling frustrated and trapped. "I didn't expect this from you at least, Mom."

I stomped up to my room, slamming the door behind me. Frustration and desperation swirled inside me as I paced back and forth. I needed a way out, and fast. I needed someone to stop this arrangement. But who? That's when it hit me - Zeynah was the key. If she refused to go along with this arranged marriage, my parents would have no choice but to back off. With newfound determination, I decided to reach out to her, hoping she'd be willing to help me escape this fate.

●●●

Hey lovliess,

Sorry for the late update, I was coped up with my exams. But here's the update and I hope you enjoyed it!

Keep sharing your thoughts on this chapter that I'll love to read♡

Stay tuned for next one💌

Do vote and comment☆

.