Seeking advice

**Unlikely Heartbeats**

**Chapter 8: Seeking Advice**

The next morning, Tom woke up with a sense of determination. The conversation with Sophia had stirred something within him, and he knew he needed to talk to someone about it. He decided to start with Bill, his twin brother and confidant.

Tom found Bill in the hotel's breakfast lounge, already halfway through a cup of coffee. He slid into the seat across from him, his mind racing with thoughts and questions.

"Hey, Bill. Can we talk for a minute?" Tom asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Bill looked up, immediately sensing the seriousness in his brother's tone. "Of course, Tom. What's on your mind?"

Tom took a deep breath. "It's about Sophia. I think I have feelings for her. More than just friendship."

Bill's eyes widened, but he quickly composed himself. "You mean like, romantic feelings?"

Tom nodded, his gaze fixed on his hands. "Yeah. I've been thinking about it a lot, and last night, we talked a bit about where we stand. I'm just not sure how to handle these feelings."

Bill leaned back, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Tom, that's huge. But it's not surprising. You two have always been close. What are you going to do about it?"

"That's the thing," Tom said, frustration creeping into his voice. "I don't know. I'm scared of messing things up. What if I say something and it ruins everything? I can't lose her, Bill."

Bill reached across the table, placing a reassuring hand on Tom's arm. "You won't lose her, Tom. She's as scared as you are, but you both care about each other deeply. Maybe you just need to take things slow and see where it goes."

Tom sighed, feeling a bit of the weight lift off his shoulders. "I just needed to hear that. Thanks, Bill."

"Anytime, bro. Just be honest with her and with yourself. That's all you can do," Bill advised.

Feeling more confident, Tom decided to talk to the rest of the band. He found Georg and Gustav in the hotel gym, both of them working out. He waited until they finished their sets before approaching them.

"Hey, guys. Can I get your advice on something?" Tom asked.

Georg wiped sweat from his forehead, nodding. "Sure, what's up?"

Tom took another deep breath. "It's about Sophia. I think I have feelings for her, and I don't know what to do about it."

Gustav and Georg exchanged glances, then turned back to Tom. "We kind of suspected something," Gustav admitted. "You two have always been close. What's holding you back?"

Tom shrugged, feeling vulnerable. "Fear, I guess. Fear of ruining our friendship, fear of making things awkward within the band. I don't want to jeopardize what we have."

Georg clapped Tom on the back. "Tom, relationships are always a risk, but sometimes they're worth it. If you really care about her, you owe it to yourself and to her to see where it could go."

Gustav nodded in agreement. "Yeah, man. Plus, we've all seen how happy you make each other. Whatever happens, we'll support you both."

Tom felt a surge of gratitude towards his friends. "Thanks, guys. I needed to hear that."

Later that day, the band gathered in Tom and Bill's hotel room to discuss their upcoming tour plans. As they went over schedules and logistics, Tom couldn't help but feel a new sense of clarity. He knew he had to handle his feelings carefully.

"Guys, before we wrap up, there's something else," Tom said, clearing his throat. "I've been thinking a lot about Sophia lately, and I want to make sure I'm handling this right. I need your help to keep things balanced."

Bill smiled proudly, while Georg and Gustav nodded in encouragement.

"You've got this, Tom," Bill said. "Just be yourself and let her know how much she means to you without making things weird."

Tom felt a mix of nerves and excitement, but he knew he was making the right decision. Later that evening, he found Sophia sitting on the balcony, looking out over the city.

"Hey, can I join you?" Tom asked softly.

Sophia turned and smiled. "Of course, Tom."

He sat down beside her, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "How are you feeling after yesterday?"

Sophia shrugged, her eyes reflecting the city lights. "A bit overwhelmed, honestly. But I'm glad we're all in this together."

Tom nodded. "Yeah, it's a lot to take in. I've been thinking about everything, too. I just want to make sure we're all good."

Sophia looked at him, a hint of a smile playing on her lips. "We're good, Tom. We've been through so much together, and we always find a way to make things work."

Tom felt a sense of relief wash over him. "Yeah, you're right. We've got this."

They sat in comfortable silence for a while, the city's sounds filling the air. Eventually, Sophia yawned and stretched. "I think I'm going to turn in for the night. It's been a long day."

Tom nodded. "Yeah, me too. Goodnight, Sophia."

"Goodnight, Tom," she replied, giving him a warm smile before heading inside.

As Tom watched her go, he felt a renewed sense of determination. He didn't have all the answers yet, but he knew that with the support of his friends and the bond he shared with Sophia, they would figure it out together. For now, that was enough.