Chapter 5 Wtf it THAT

Rory's Pov

____________

as i entered the cafeteria the first thing i hear is grim complaining as usual.

"I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!"

"How about you learn from this experience and don't do stuff like that next time" Yuu scolded

"What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!"

"Hi guy are you still waiting for ace to show up?" I asked

"Ace-Oh it's just you henchman i forgot you were coming to" grim growled

"Hi Rory how was your day?" asked Yuu "wait don't you and ace have the same classes? have you seen him?"

"No sorry i only have my first 3 classes with him then i have other classes." I apologise

and so we wait for another 30 minutes as Yuu asked about my day and grim complains how it should be him attending instead of me.

".....

......
... And now he's super late!
I bet he up and bailed on us!" grim was getting very impatient.

" that's actually a good possibility" Yuu points out

"From what I saw in class i think that's what happened" I deadpanned

"Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him!

C'mon, henchmen, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!"

grim then finds aces last classroom and does the unthinkable, something you would never see coming.

"Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya!

Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?"

he kicked open the door somehow and then yelled at nothing because he didn't look first.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here." one of the paintings say.

'Oh i know paintings like this, some of them are in the castle at home!'

"Bwaaah! That painting just talked!"

"Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school?

The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one.
As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?"

i look at Yuu and he just looked shocked as he stared into the paintings soul.

'Right this must be really weird for Yuu because he comes from a world without magic.'

"Now, you seem to be searching for someone."

"We're lookin' for this guy called Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face."

I sigh " I'm sorry about his horrible explanation he actually has medium length ginger hair, is about 5'7 and has a large red heart underneath his left eye"

"Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago. and you must be the rumoured female student I've been hearing so much about from the students!"

" Yes that's me and thank you for the information-" yet again i was cut off. what is with this cat and cutting people off.

"Myaaah! So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us! Do you know which way he went?"