Chapter 1 ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

After a long day of fighting for humanity, Reo enters his home and walks towards the kitchen to get himself a reward drink. He opens the fridge, gets his beer and then looks towards the couch.

The sight before him caused adrenaline to rush through his body. Before him sat Clara with a bottle of alcohol and she was clearly very intoxicated.
"WHAT THE FŪÇK ARE YOU DOING HERE??" Reo demanded.
Clara groans in response, trying to find the right words.
"I... I didn't know who else to go to." She sighed.
Reo frowned in annoyance, "And I am the one you come visit?? We literally start fighting as if it's a battle when we're together!"
She looked away from him for a moment, turning to face him again. "I need your help... " She muttered under her breath.
"I am NOT helping you with any of your murder plans." Reo declared. "I need your help to bomb a warehouse." Clara added, still stumbling upon her words because of her intoxication.

Reo's eyes widened in shock as he heard her revelation about bombing a warehouse.
"Which warehouse are you talking about??" Reo asked.
Clara seems to think about it for a moment, unable to choose the correct words in her intoxicated state.
"mmmngpf-... i.. forgot-"
Reo pinches the temple of his nose, annoyed by her lack of seriousness but then he notices the dark circles under her eyes.

"You need rest." he whispered.
"Reo?" Clara enquired.
"Yes, Clara?"
"Why do you forgive everyone? Why do you say you'll sacrifice everything you have to save the world?"

Reo was taken aback by her sudden question, he thinks for a moment before answering softly, "Well, you know, I believe we need to sacrifice our own happiness for the happiness of others."
Clara scrunched her nose at his answer, "Bullsh1t"
"HUH?? HOW IS THAT BULLSH1T?"
"I'd sacrifice myself for the one I love." Clara mumbled.

No one would've actually ever expected that someone as heartless as Clara can say that. But it was certain she had a warm heart underneath her cold demeanor.

Reo looked at her in amusement, a warm smile tugged on his lips, "You have a loved one? Is it your family?"
Her next words came out as if they're casual, "I don't have any."
Reo was shaken by her words, "Y-You don't have a family?? Not anyone??"
"No." Clara shrugged it off.
"O-okay, I'm so sorry to hear that." Reo managed to speak.
"You don't need to be sorry you know, it was 8 years ago." Clara said as if she didn't just bombard him with the information.
"How did it happen?If you don't mind me asking ofcourse-" he enquired.
"Murder"
Reo stayed silent for a moment but curiosity got the best of him, "What happened to the killer? Is he in jail?"
She looked at him in disbelief and scoffs, "Jail? I killed those jerks."

An amused smile tugged his lips, "Of course you did, that's you. Well I can't complain about this, they deserved it. Soooo btw~ Who is the loved one then?" Clara stumbled upon her words when he brought in this topic once again, "I- no one!"
"Ooo~You're in love." He teased further.
"Kill yourself." Clara spat out coldly and then pulled the covers on top of her on the couch and pretended to fall asleep.
"Hey I just asked a question you-!" He sighs when he notices her asleep, but something in his heart tells him to help her relax so pulls her head to rest on his lap as he runs his fingers through her hair. "Sleep well." He whispered as he drifted into his own slumber.

When Clara finally noticed he was asleep, she opened her eyes as she looked at him and spoke with a warm smile under her breath so she doesn't wake him up, "How can I admit to you that I would sacrifice myself for you if the time situation ever arrived?"