The End of a beginning (Clara's POV)

I slowly open my eyes with a groan, the hangover from last night getting the best of me. When I open my eyes, my gaze lingers upon brown eyes' awkward sleeping position as he kept my head on his lap.
I can never admit why, how and when exactly I started feeling this way about him. It's like he ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s ̶m̶y ̶l̶i̶f̶e ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h ̶i̶t ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n is the reason I am always so frustrated.
I hate ̶t̶o ̶l̶o̶v̶e him.

Brown eyes twists in his position and I close my eyes shut so he doesn't find out that I was staring at him ̶̶a̶n̶d ̶h̶i̶s ̶g̶o̶r̶g̶e̶o̶u̶s ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e.

I can hear him muttering under his breath as he woke up and looked at me, I'm too scared to open my eyes. I'̶m ̶t̶o̶o ̶s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d ̶t̶o ̶l̶o̶o̶k ̶i̶n̶t̶o ̶h̶i̶s ̶̶e̶̶y̶̶e̶̶s.

His sleepy voice breaks through the silence and I can't help the zoo inside my stomach, "Good morning. Are you still asleep?" I slowly open my eyes to meet his gaze, his eyes soft and bright under the morning sun filtering through the curtains, It felt like I'm starting into honey ̶s̶o ̶g̶o̶r̶g̶e̶o̶u̶s ̶g̶o̶r̶g̶e̶o̶u̶s ̶g̶o̶r̶g̶e̶o̶u̶s. I manage to let go of my thoughts and respond, "Mhm, I'm awake now."
Brown eyes' lips tug into a warm smile as he runs his fingers through my hair.
I managed to let go of his ̶w̶a̶r̶m, ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g ̶a̶n̶d ̶s̶o̶f̶t touch, "̶̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e ̶d̶o̶n'̶t Let go." Reo's face falls when he realizes what he was doing and immediately lets go of my hair as I sit back up. ̶I ̶w̶i̶s̶h ̶h̶e ̶d̶i̶d̶n'̶t ̶s̶t̶o̶p ̶p̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g ̶m̶y ̶h̶a̶i̶r.

He clears his throat before asking, "So? What help did you come to ask for yesterday? What warehouse are you trying to bomb??" As reality hits me, I sense the urge to inform him about my intentions, I was completely wasted last night. "Oh, it's the US Navy SEAL warehouse, someone has leaked it's access to the terrorists but it will lead to a terrible war. We need to destroy everything before the terrorists get their hands on it." I inform.

Brown Eyes stumbles back at the overwhelming amount of revelation as he speaks in a panicked state, "Wh-what?! Are you kidding me?? We can't just go and stop the Terrorists alone it's so dangerous!! We need to inform our headquarter-"
I snap, "Shut the fück up and stop being such a pussy, do you know how late it'll be by the time your lazy headquarters respond to our emergency???" I can see the hurt in Reo's eyes and immediately look down, fuck I don't think I've felt this guilty ever in my life.
"Okay- fine... I'm sorry... it's just... we don't have time, please we need to hurry try to understand." I apologize, still avoiding his gaze.

I can hear the amusement in his voice ̶a̶n̶d ̶i̶t ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s ̶m̶e ̶w̶a̶n̶t ̶t̶o ̶p̶u̶n̶c̶h ̶h̶i̶m ̶i̶n ̶t̶h̶e ̶̶e̶̶y̶̶e, ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e ̶w̶h̶o ̶t̶f ̶i̶s ̶h̶e ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g ̶t̶o ̶t̶e̶a̶s̶e?
"You apologize too?" Reo chuckles.
"If you hate it so much I take it back." I scrunched my nose and Brown eyes laughs out loud.
What exactly is so funny to him? Ugh men.

He nods and agrees to me and decides to finally help me with my warehouse mission. ̶I ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d ̶f̶o̶c̶u̶s ̶o̶n ̶t̶h̶e ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n ̶n̶o̶t ̶h̶i̶s ̶e̶y̶e̶s ̶f̶u̶c̶k ̶f̶u̶c̶k ̶f̶u̶c̶k ̶f̶u̶c̶k.

We arrive inside the warehouse with great sync and avoid any alarms. Thick beads of sweat roll down my forehead due to the anxiety for what's to come.

Reo carefully passes me the bomb with the 10 minutes timer and as soon as I fix it in place an alarm rings as we both get startled and stumble backwards. The entire team of terrorists rushes inside the warehouse and I still haven't activated the timer. They're going to kill us. I can't let brown eyes die.

I hold his hand and immediately run outside, my heart pounding with alarm and adrenaline. I have been shot in my feet but that's the least I'm bothered about.

After 10 minutes of running around, we finally find a hiding spot slightly far away from the warehouse. They're still looking for us as brown eyes holds me close to him in a protective embrace, he's clearly panicking for the wound in my leg.
"Fu- Clara! you've been shot, we need to go to the infirmar-"
I press my palm against his mouth,"Shut up brown eyes they'll hear us" Reo is still not convinced,
"But-"
"Shhhh" The terrorists pass by to look for us somewhere else.

I'm still worried about the inactivated timer inside, if I don't activate it the bomb won't diffuse and the terrorists will actually get their hands on the weapons. But I don't want to risk brown eyes' life because of my poor plan execution, so I decide to do what I swore I would if the situation ever arrived.

I turn towards him, my eyes and voice sincere and determined, "Brown eyes, remember when I told you I'm the type of person that will sacrifice herself to save the person she loves?"
Reo tilts his head curiously, "Yeah, why do you ask?"
I stand up, grip his shoulder and look into his eyes, "Please stay here. For me."

And rush towards the warehouse. I can hear the terrorists spotting me, and Reo's chocked screams, but the terrorists are too dumb to understand that he's still there. It's a good thing, they shouldn't spot him.
I guess I won't get to meet him again, I guess I won't get to express my emotions like I wanted, I guess I won't ever see the future I hoped for. But it's fine. Because he ̶d̶e̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶s ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r deserves to live.