O1.

PROLOUGE.

▃▃▃▃▃

Blood.

All Haein sees around her is blood.

From the posh white office tiles to the neat marble and glass desk, everything is colored crimson. For a moment she can't find her words, it's ironic. Hong Haein—the ruthless heiress of the Queens group, now tongue-tied as she watches the dead body of her husband wither on the floor before going fully limp.

The door opens, "Miss Hong are you okay I heard a noise—" Secretary Na stops dead in her tracks, Haein watches all the color drain from her face. Is she also mirroring that expression?

There is one second of dead silence before a piercing scream escapes her secretary's mouth. Everything is a blur to Haein from that point, she can't truly pinpoint when she goes from her office to her car. Secretary Na is saying something to her but Haein can't comprehend.

It's not often that you see someone throw up blood and die in front of you, especially when that person is your husband. Hong Haein and Yoon Eunsung got married three years ago. South Korean media was in a frenzy.

Everyone dubbed them as the golden couple of the business world. With Haein as the most possible heir to the Queens group and Eunsung as an investment adviser well-known in their circle.

For Haein it was nothing less than an opportunity to expand her business. Marrying Eunsung was the easiest option, it got her family off her back, helped in boosting her work, and stopped hungry Chaebol bachelors from running her way the moment she walked into a room.

This deal helped Eunsung just as much, if not more. Overnight he became the most loved husband of South Korea.

Haein laughs just by thinking that. Her driver glances at her from the rearview mirror, obviously judging her. But she can't stop herself.

Of course, Yoon Eunsung would choose to go this way. He had this flare for drama, attention, and a terrible inferiority complex to blend in and worsen his persona. But she had to give him props, he was good at hiding it. Or maybe Haein was so driven about her work and goals that she didn't think twice before marrying a person with little to no background.

It didn't take her too long to realize that Eunsung was shadier than he looked. Haein never tried to prod further though, they had a deal. That he would mind his own business and Haein wouldn't bother about me. Not that she can do any of it now.

His funeral is quiet, no one else than the Hong family shows up, as expected. Doing this was hard enough since the body had been in the forensic lab since last evening, only given back to them once samples for all the tests were taken. The funeral takes place in the usual woods outside Seoul, a little interesting how her grandfather decided Eunsung must be buried here instead of the morgue.

Haein removed one of her gloves to open her phone. The stocks are falling rapidly, as expected. She pockets her phone and walks a little further away from the crowd of her family, not that they care, they are too busy managing their own business branches that are also bearing the loss of this incident.

There is a slight rustle nearby, perhaps some animal running away. Haein ignores it to check her usual reports until a video recommendation pops up on her feed.

Is Hong Haein the killer of her husband??

"What the..." Her brows furrow as she clicks on that article, only to find there are tons more like that circulating the internet. "It's not been a whole day what are these morons on?"