O3.

T W O.

▃▃▃▃▃▃

The legal team is in a frenzy. Haein can discern that much as she walks past the legal affairs office, her gaze set on the man in a grey suit and professional smile. Baek Hyunwoo is leading the legal office as if he is the head of it. His whole persona screams confidence and authority, unlike a man who met Haein in the office a few hours ago.

"Miss Hong, why are we circling this place for the fourth time?" Secretary Na asks from behind, not trying to hide her confusion.

Haein has been with Secretary Na since her initial days at work, and all Haein has seen from her is unmoving loyalty. But a camera being settled in her office is a sensitive case, something that cannot be done without the inclusion of an insider. Hence regardless of how much she wants to share this with someone else, Haein bites her lip and swallows down the words climbing up her throat.

"I just lost my husband two days ago," she says instead, walking past the legal affairs office. "I'm mourning."

"Like this?" Secretary Na raises an eyebrow.

"Yes." Haein nods, "How is the construction of our basement food court going?"

"It's gr—"

"Let's go and see." Haein doesn't wait for any other snarky comment Secretary Na mutters under her breath and walks towards the elevator.

What she doesn't expect is to see the faces of her parents and Soocheol to pop up the moment the elevator door opens.

"I swear she's gone insane—" Soocheol stops mid-sentence when he realizes Haein is standing in front of him. The elder sister throws him a glare, which successfully scares him as he cowers behind his mother.

"Do you realize how much loss we are facing because of you?" Her mother, Mrs. Kim, doesn't even bother with a greeting as she strides towards Haein.

"Yeobo, calm down." Mr. Hong follows behind, his voice grave and concerned. He then looks at her, "Haein-ah, what the press is saying, it's not true right?"

"Of course, it's not!" Haein's mother exclaims, being as hasty as ever. She then scowls at her daughter "These are just baseless arguments, and I don't understand why it's taking you so long to quash them."

"My lawyer is good at it, do you want him for consultation Noona?" Soocheol asks, trying to be smug as he annoyingly raises his eyebrow at her.

Haein shakes her head, "I've already hired a lawyer for my case. And I can handle this by myself so please stay out of it."

"As if!" Mrs. Kim scoffs, "This is the matter of our whole group. I need to meet this lawyer of yours."

Haein says, "That won't be necessary, especially since he's currently working."

"I know his name, Baek Han—Han something... Baek Hyunwoo! Yes, it's Baek Hyunwoo isn't it?" Soocheol snaps his fingers, far too excited.

Haein turns to him sharply, "How do you know?"

"Whoa! I just heard some employees talking about him." He then leans closer as if telling a secret, "I heard he's very handsome."

This fool. Haein can't believe Soocheol can talk so brazenly about stuff like this, is he in high school? Haein can feel another headache bursting through her skull. The fourth one in the whole day. This is crazy, she needs to sort this matter out before it gets worse.