Chapter 3 The compass

As soon as she heard Ronniy's shouting, the girl sprang into action.

She swiftly performed a roundoff backhandspring to the side, skillfully avoiding the bear's imminent attack.

Ronniy was completely taken aback by the unexpected actions of the girl. He couldn't believe what he had just witnessed.

"Did you see that, Edmond?!"

"Ronniy, this is not the right time to lose focus," Edmond said with a serious tone.

Ronniy and Edmond exchanged nods, indicating their plan to help her. They positioned themselves strategically, with Edmond at the front with his blades and Ronniy providing support from behind with his bow and arrows.

Their goal was not to harm the iron bear but to divert its attention away from the girl.

Running towards the iron bear, Edmond's blade collides with the bear's paws. However, he restrains himself from causing harm, which poses a difficulty for him.

Edmond calls out to Ronniy, asking if he sees anything in the trees.

"Yes, I see smog coconuts!"

Ronniy shoots with his bow at the smog coconuts, launching three arrows towards them. The smog thickens in the air, obscuring the iron bear's vision.

In the midst of the smoggy air, Edmond finds the girl and reaches out to hold her hand.

Edmond urged them to move quickly, prompting the girl to agree and follow him.

Edmond and the girl reunite with Ronniy just as the hazy air begins to clear up. Unfortunately, their attempt to escape is interrupted when the bear catches sight of them and successfully captures Ronniy.

Edmond yelled in terror as he saw Ronniy being captured. Without hesitation, he rushed towards the bear to protect Ronniy at all costs.

Unfortunately, the bear's strength was overwhelming, throwing Edmond against a tree and leaving him feeling drained.

Ronniy shouts out Edmond's name in response to seeing him struggling to stand up.

The girl observes everything unfolding around her, feeling a sense of panic, but then notices the citrine beetle nearby. She is tempted to catch it, but the guilt of not helping the boys who tried to save her weighs heavily on her mind.

Locking eyes with Edmond, she sees his expression of disappointment and anger at the thought of her leaving. However, he realizes she is unarmed and just shakes his head, attempting to fight the bear himself to help Ronniy.

The girl is filled with shame. She must catch the beetle to find someone significant. However, she is not the type of person who abandons someone in need and chooses to help the boys instead.

The girl glances at the citrine beetle one last time before sprinting towards the bear and passing by Edmond.

The girl called out to the large iron bear, her voice shaking, "Hey, look over here!"

The bear attempted to strike her, but she skillfully dodged it by performing a somersault. Afterward, she swiftly retrieved small red balls from her bag, resembling cherries, and threw them at the bear's eyes.

This caused the bear to become dizzy, releasing Ronniy from its grip.

"Wow, you're incredible!" Ronniy exclaimed, clearly impressed by the girl's brilliant idea.

"Not now!" exclaimed the girl, grabbing Ronniy's hand and dashing towards Edmond.

The girl and the boys are reunited once more, and she grabs both of their hands and starts running. However, the two boys quickly halted her.