Season 2 | Episode 15 | Family and food

***Just over a month has passed since Water was cured and tensions have only been rising since***

Seren barged through the large door to the Abbey chapel, interrupting a very intense discussion between Anya and a few of the other nurses.

"Anya, I swear if he keeps stalking me, I'll hex him." Seren yelled, throwing herself into the Russian witch's arms, refusing to face the tall Emeritus boy who trailed in after her.

"If the Clergy will not agree to keep tabs on you, I will just have to ensure you are not up to anything myself. " Secondo scowled.

Seren groaned, burying her face further into Anya's chest.

The Head Nurse strocked through the young girl's hair. "Papa Emeritus II, as much as I do understand your suspicions, you can't b-"

"You understand? What? Do you think I'm dangerous too?" Seren interrupted.

Anya sighed, bringing the younger witch's head back into her chest. "I don't mean it like that, my apprentice. I just mean that, considering what he's seen you do, he has more reason to distrust you than others." Seren groaned again, grumbling to herself about something. Anya patted her head gently, glancing back up to Secondo. "That does not mean you have any right to stalk her though. If I have to remind you of this again, I will have Seestor Imperator put a regulation in place to keep the two of you apart."

Secondo narrowed his eyes but stayed quiet, Quintessence growling for him from his side.

Seren glanced back at the short ghoul, her eyes lingering on his unsteady legs. Despite the smooth fabric of his uniform covering them, she could tell his leg braces were still on. It was taking much longer for him to grow out of them than she'd initially expected.

Secondo noticed her subtle stare, glaring at her. "Eyes off my ghoul, Angel."

"I'm not an Angel!" Seren screamed, pushing away from Anya and turning to face him.

"Well, the signs say otherwise." Secondo bit back.

"That's enough, both of you." Anya interjected. "Honestly, you're bickering like little children."

Seren groaned, feeling her magics starting up from her rage which earned a swift snarl from Quintessence. She pushed away from Anya abruptly, turning to Secondo again. "I'm not an Angel!" She yelled, marching away towards the door.

Anya sighed. "Seren."

The young witch shoved open the large door again and stormed out of the chapel, leaving Secondo and Anya with a group of very stunned Nurses.

Rumors spread swiftly amount the Siblings of Sin so they all knew about Secondo and Seren's apparent issues with eachother, but few had actually seen them interact like that before. Mostly because Seren would avoid him like the plague.

Anya turned to Secondo again, disappointment clear in her expression. "I know you haven't seen any of our decisions on this matter as fair, but this whole 'stalking' thing has to stop. It is not your responsibility to protect the Clergy, we have a security team for that."

Secondo sighed. Anya was one of the few people he trusted enough to let down his mature and emotionless shell around. The Head Nurse clearly noticed what he was about to do and swiftly ushered the other Nurses out of the room.

"I know. I just want people to be safe. I want my ghouls to be safe, and I cannot seem to protect them on my own." Secondo lamented.

Anya sighed, placing a soft hand on the young boy's shoulder. "But we haven't exactly been helping to protect them either. Their lack of safety is not solely your fault."