Chapter 1 Worsening Condition

Once in his room aryamaan drowned himself in work again just to escape thinking about the next day. Ayush's reports were coming tomorrow. Last two reports were not that good, if this one doesn't show any improvement it will show that his condition is deteriorating very fast impacting the time he has with them. Based on his condition the past few days aryamaan knew that this time also the reports will only bring more gloom to their already pathetic life. Ayush tries his best to hide his symptoms but aryamaan is always laser focused when it comes to him. He doesn't want to impose anymore restrictions than his child is already living with. He can give his life, his everything just to see ayush live like a normal 18 years old. But destiny has bestowed him with everything that a person wants but it is waiting cruelly to take away the only thing he wants. His Ashu.

While aryamaan was busy with his thoughts ayushmaan was also dwelling in his own thoughts. His bhaiya used to be so lively before they got to know about his condition. He was a constant source of joy and happiness for people around him. He had so many talents that it was hard to believe that he is just one person. His smile used to light up every place he went to but now days goes by and he doesn't smile. It's been years since ayush has heard him laughing whole heartedly. Every three months the test reports come and take away a part of that 20 year old Aryamaan Sherawat who use to be the sunshine of his family. Ayush has seen him changing over time. No matter how much anger he displays outside but inside he is scared. Terrified all the time, every single second. And all this because he is too afraid to loose ayushmaan. Ayushmaan made his peace with a short life. He is not afraid of dying. What scares him is the fact that his bhaiya has stopped living even before he is dead. What will happen when his condition worsen further, when he will be hospitalized permanently in his last days and when he will finally say bye to them. How will his bhaiya be able to take it. He is scared of what will happen to his bhaiya once he is gone.

In another room Veer was busy talking to someone over phone. He was tensed beyond limits.

Veer "aur kitna time lagega Ro, it's been 4 years for God's sake

Veer "aur kitna time lagega Ro, it's been 4 years for God's sake."

Rohini "veer i am trying my best par koi bhi conclusive results nahi aa rahe"

Veer "pls Ro, his condition is getting worse by the day. Agar usse kuch ho gaya na to Aru bhi nahi jee payega."

Rohini "I know veer, I know how important ayush is for Aru. And for you too. Tum kehte nahi ho but i know ayush is as important for you as he is for Aru. I am trying my best veer, I am in talks with the best doctors in the world who deal with CF. Last kuch saalo me bohut sare medical advancement huye hai par ayush ke case ki rarity ki wajah se kuch bhi kaam nahi kar raha"

Veer "pls try karo Ro, I don't care how much money it takes, collaborate with the best but get me a cure, pls Ro, I beg you, pls save my brother" With that he choked and started sobbing.

Rohini "I'll try my best veer. Bye." She disconnected the call. She loved veer too much to see him so broken.

Although she is five years elder to him but she is deeply in love with him, though she will never tell him that. She remembered when he came to her five years back, she is the best bet in this country for those who are suffering with CF. Although it take atleast 2 months for anyone to get an appointment with her but Veer Shergill pulled alot of strings to make sure that she meets him within that week only. She already hated him and decided to not take the case when she was asked by many of her seniors and colleagues to make time for Veer Shergill. She was successfully dodging all the requests and orders till her own professor that has always treated her like his own daughter and was a father figure to her to made sure that she meets this guy and take up the case.