𝟏𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐞

In the end they did sleep together, only this time it was different.

Minghao woke up in Mingyu's arms, held by him in the comfort of his bed and his warmth. He had his face on the alpha's beefy chest and from so close he could smell the familiar chocolate and the freshness of oak.

He wanted to stay there for an eternity, next to Mingyu, but he had a pending task to complete. Junhui asked him to go early to the Yabbay General Hospital where he worked to bring his and Mingyu's pheromones and cross them for a compatibility test.

If it was for investigation, Minghao couldn't refuse, but he also couldn't help but be afraid and doubtful about it. What if he and Mingyu weren't compatible or their compatibility was very low? He felt terribly distressed.

Still, he was careful and tried to get out of bed without waking Mingyu. He'd leave him a note, but he didn't want to explain if he woke up at that moment, especially because he would take his hoodie.

He was careful to move the alpha's arms so clinged to him, although it was not an easy task, since Mingyu had him hugged tightly.

He somehow managed it and stared at the alpha's face who seemed to frown in his sleep and look for the omega's body again.

Minghao grabbed his largest Kermit plushie and handed it to him, and Mingyu immediately hugged him. He was lucky that his scent was impregnated in that stuffed animal like everything in his room.

He went to the living room where they started all over again. When Mingyu kissed him, in that very different way, it was impossible not to keep going, not to continue doing more. Their bodies were always desperate for each other, but above all their hearts, even if they didn't say it out loud. Yet.

He searched through the clothes scattered on the floor that were hastily discarded yesterday and found Mingyu's sweatshirt that had his strong pheromones on it. Even Minghao himself smelled of it.

He put it in a bag and made sure to leave a note for Mingyu and a copy of the keys to his house. Why? He figured it didn't matter to do that kind of thing anymore. He figured nothing mattered anymore.

"Well, we're still doing the investigation and I'm doing the autopsies," he thought, knowing that he had a lot of work and that's why he went to the hospital early to deal with Junhui.

He took his car keys and left his house in the direction of Yabbay General Hospital.

When he arrived, he went directly to the biochemistry laboratory and found Junhui there, in his usual white coat and formal attire

There was the chemist specializing in pheromones, the one who would take Minghao's sample using a pheromone recapture device, which was a kind of strip with a special glue prepared with an enzyme that could trap molecules in the air, especially pheromones for its use. There was the alpha-reuptake enzyme, beta-reuptake enzyme and omega-reuptake enzyme.