iv.

It has been three days since their tranquil breakfast at the small and cozy café. From that day onwards they miraculously met everyday at the park bank near the small lake, that's home to the family of ducks. They didn't arrange their meetings beforehand, however they both always found themselves wandering towards the park after school. Maybe it was because they secretly hoped they would meet the other again.

And truly, they did. On the first day they met and walked around the park, just talking. They both discovered that the other, as well, had trouble in finding friends, given that both of them had their own hurdle to overcome in order to interact with other people.

On the second day, they went to the café they visited for breakfast the last time. They were able to address a wide variety of topics, thus getting to know each other on a more personal level.

Kaji felt the warmth he discovered when he first met Akira everytime they were together, making it much more bearable to open up to her. He found himself not all to worried about what she might think of him or her judgement regarding him. For Kaji it almost seemed as if Akira didn't even have the ability to think bad about him or anyone. She was truly an angel.

Akira too, felt a strange warmth whenever she conversed with Kaji. She felt so light and fuzzy inside whenever he was around. She had never felt like this before, never in her whole life. Not that she had much chance to, considering her living conditions. Akira was so happy she finally had someone she could talk to, someone she knew appreciated her just as much as she did. Although she couldn't help but notice that there was something more dark beneath her light that was Kaji Ren. Something more gruesome and dangerous than she could imagine. However, she chose to ignore that lingering feeling of iniquity lurking behind her dazzling image of Kaji. There were always more layers to a persons character than one after all.

She knew that. She herself had secrets she wasn't sure she could share as well. Even though she knew that the moment of truth would come. Sooner than she would have liked.

And so it occurred that Akira sat nervously on the bank near her favorite lake. It was her favorite lake because that's where she met the possibility most important person in her life. Call her crazy but that's what Kaji was for her.

As she sat there, anticipating Kajis arrival, she began questioning her decision. He already accepted her, although she was deaf, how would he handle what's about to come? Would she burden him more than she already did? Or was he indifferent? No matter how she thought about it, she came to realize that there was no way around it. Whether he would accept her or not was for him to decide, and if he wouldn't welcome her like he did until now, than it must be their destiny together. There was nothing she could do. She couldn't just remain silent, leaving him in the absurd fantasy she had a fairly normal life except for her disability to hear. But no, she had to speak the truth. For Akira, the truth was the most valuable thing there could be. Even if it may hurt, it's better than to life in a delusion, getting your hopes up, only to be crushed by the harsh rules of reality.

Hearing approaching footsteps, the girl, who stood at a proud 163 cm, lifted her head in order to identify the newcomer. Surely her expectations were confirmed once the grey pair of eyes met her blue ones. Without a second thought, Akira rose from her position on the bank and sprinted towards the quiet male, the bag of sweets she had prepared for him long forgotten.

Her shoes hit the ground, crushing the pebbles beneath them. Her pale, blonde locks wildly flattered behind her head as the wind swept through her hair. Her sky blue eyes lit up like stars in the night sky. She looked so happy, so perfect.

Slightly shaking his head, Kaji shooed the unnecessary thoughts away from his mind and focused on the girl before him once again. Although she looked happy he could also detect a look of nervousness on her normally serene face.

"Hey Kashi!!", the girl beamed up at Kaji, showing him one of the bright smiles he loves so much.

"Hey Akira.", he monotonously responded, not that Akira would notice or care. For her it was totally ok if he didn't go jumping around like she did, just because he was happy to see her. For her it was enough that he acknowledged her presence and responded and he was thankful for that.

"So I thought long and hard about this, but I decided to invite you to my, ahem, humble abode.. in other words my home!!", the girl continued, ignoring the feeling of uncertainty crawling up her spine. She was nervous. It was not only because of her living situation but also the fact that she was a teenage girl while he was a boy. Some people might think bad of he—

No! I should concentrate! My thoughts shouldn't go thinking like this!!!

The girl quickly shook those unwelcome thoughts away, clearing her mind and preparing her heart for what's about to come.

"To your home? Sure, but is this ok for your parents? They wouldn't be mad because you brought a boy home, would they?", Kaji asked, a teasing glint appearing in his eyes. Akira immediately snapped her head, that was turned towards the lake watching the family of ducks, up at Kaji, astonished by the sudden boldness the boy just displayed.

Once she realized he looked expectingly at her, her cheeks flared up and her eyes widened, before they looked down and immediately darkened once again. It was as if the warm summer temperatures didn't matter anymore, as the mood seemed to drop along with the warmth that surrounded the pair just a few seconds ago.

"No.. it's fine, really..", the girl debilitatingly responded. Once again she felt enormously drained at the thought of her home, but she had the pull through in order to stabilize their friendship. So Akira raised her head and smiled at Kaji once again, before she reached out to his hand and walked away.

Kaji could only confusingly stare at the back of her head as she made her way through the crowds, showing him the way to her home.

What could have caused such a reaction in her?

Sorry, update is a little late! Next chapter: the big "reveal", be excited:)