Chapter 3 - Dinner with the Belladonna's

Yang POV

As I bring my bike to a stop, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, grabbing it out, I see an unknown number messaging me.

???: Hey, It's Blake, you gave me your number at the cafe. This is Yang, right?

Yang: Hey! I'm glad you messaged! Yeah, this is Yang

Before she could reply, I set her contact name, to both a way I can remember her and to make it funny.

Blakey: Well, now you have my number as well 😅

Yang: Indeed I do, and now I can bug you whenever 😝

I felt a smile form on my face at that last comment I made, I watched as the ... bubbles would go back and forth, waiting for her reply.

Blakey: Honestly, I'd like that, my phone has been quite dry

I look up and saw Weiss walking towards me, so I shoot a quick reply and shut off my phone. I got off my bike fully and hugged Weiss, her height difference always makes me laugh.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, as we are next to a park.

"Figured I'd go for a walk, it's my day off after all, why not enjoy the fresh air" I replied.

"Same reason I'm here, similar minds" she says, laughing softly.

"How about we walk together then? It's been a while since we walked with just the two of us" I ask.

"That's because the last time we did, we were dating" she nudges

"Doesn't mean we can't make other memories" I say, started to walk down the path, into the park.

She rolls her eyes, but eventually starts to walk with me. The park was a nice grassy area with many trees. The birds chirp and the bees buzz.

As we walk down the trail, I look up to see a banner hung above us. I stop in my tracks to read it, and Weiss soon realizes and walks back a few steps as well to read.

Spring festival, March 23rd, 12-7 pm

"What's today's date?" I ask, turning my head to face Weiss

"It's currently...." She says, pulling out her phone, "February 20th".

"Just over a month away, I wonder what they're doing this year?" I reply, pulling out my phone as it buzzed.

"I'm not sure, but I have heard some rumors" She replies, finding a near by bench to sit.

"Tired already?" I joke, unlocking my phone and pulling up messages

"I started my period last night, so just standing around is a pain" she replies, make a pout face.

"Let's stop by the store after then, get you some chocolates" I say, reading through some of my messages.

"Chocolates sound nice" she replies.

I read some messages from Ruby, Dad and Qrow, then received a message from Blake.

Blakey: My mother wants to know if you and Ruby would like to come over for dinner tonight?

Yang: Ruby's at a friends house tonight, but I could go for some free food!

"Crap, I'm supposed to meet up with Pyrrha in a few" Weiss says, looking at her watch.

"Lemme give you a ride then" I say, standing up.

"That would be nice" Weiss says before standing up as well.

~~~~~

I come to a stop and turn off my engine, I reach my hands up and proceed to take my helmet on before waving my head back and forth to let my hair loose. When I look towards the Belladonna house, I could've sworn I saw a figure in one of the windows, but with another blink, it was gone.