Chapter 7 | The Ball

AUTHOR'S POV

Slowly the guests start arriving at the castle. The scene is nothing short of magical. The castle, illuminated by many lanterns casting a warm, golden glow, stands majestically against the night sky. The stone pathway leading to the entrance is lined with paper lanterns, their soft flickering light guiding the way and creating a serene, enchanting atmosphere.

As the guests step inside, they are greeted by the grandeur of the castle's interior. The entrance hall is adorned with elaborate hanji paper decorations, and the subtle fragrance of incense fills the air, adding to the sense of luxury. The floors, polished to a high shine, reflect the light of the chandeliers above, which are adorned with hundreds of candles.

Moving further into the castle, the guests enter the ballroom, guided by the guards, and a collective gasp of awe fills the air. The ballroom is a masterpiece of design and elegance. The high ceilings are draped with silk banners in rich hues of crimson, gold, and emerald, each one meticulously hand-painted with traditional motifs of cranes, lotus flowers, and intricate geometric patterns. The walls are lined with ornate wooden panels, each panel a masterpiece.

In the centre of the room, an exquisite chandelier, a marvel of glass and crystal, hangs majestically, casting a dazzling array of light across the room. The floor is a mosaic of polished wood, inlaid with mother-of-pearl, forming delicate patterns that shimmer under the light.

Musicians are seated in one corner, playing traditional instruments such as the gayageum and daegeum, their melodies adding to the enchantment of the evening. The guests, dressed in their finest hanboks, are a sight to behold. The women wear vibrant, flowing skirts and Jeogori in an array of colours, adorned with delicate embroidery and accessorized with intricate norigae charms. The men, equally elegant, are dressed in richly coloured Durumagi and Gat.

As the guests continued to arrive, the ballroom gradually filled with an air of anticipation and excitement. Their voices a soft hum against the backdrop of traditional music. The musicians played soothing melodies, their notes creating an atmosphere of calm elegance, but there was an undercurrent of expectation as everyone awaited the arrival of the royal family.

The ballroom itself seemed to hold its breath, the flickering candlelight casting intricate shadows on the walls adorned with beautiful murals. The guests, gathered in small groups, eyes frequently turning towards the grand doors at the far end of the room. The air was thick with a sense of anticipation, each person waiting for the moment when the celebration would truly begin.

Finally, the soft hum of conversation faded to a hushed silence as the grand double doors began to swing open. All eyes turned toward the entrance, where the majestic figure of King Jeon appeared, his presence commanding and regal. He was dressed in a royal blue and gold hanbok, the elaborate needlework catching the light and shimmering with every step.

On either side of King Jeon stood his heirs, Crown Prince Jeon Jungkook and Princess Jeon Harin.

Jeon Jungkook, tall and composed, wore a long, burgundy coat with black accents and detailed gold embroidery, reminiscent of British military fineries, yet adorned with Korean motifs. Underneath, he dons a crisp white shirt, the clarity of which highlights the elaborate details of the coat's design. His black trousers are perfectly fitted, providing a sleek silhouette that balances the luxury of the coat. The overall attire is both regal and stylish, a perfect representation of his status and the cultural harmony that Jin intended to showcase.

His eyes scanned the room with a calm, yet sapient gaze, conceding the respectful bows of the guests.

Jeon Harin, the model of grace and beauty, her attire for the evening is a vision of ethereal beauty, capturing the essence of elegance and tradition. She wears a stunning hanbok which consists of a Jeogori (a short jacket) and a voluminous Chima (skirt). The white Jeogori with intricate lace embroidery and pastel pink ribbons, paired with a voluminous lavender Chima.