ೃ⁀⋆𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗸⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N felt terribly bad for Harry - the Hogwarts grounds had never looked so enticing to him, until he had to stay stuck up inside, practicing for the third task of the Triwizard Tournament.

Y/N and Harry were usually with Hermione and Ron, looking up hexes, or else in empty classrooms, which they sneaked into to practice. Harry was concentrating on the Stunning Spell, which he had never used before. The trouble was that practicing it involved certain sacrifices on Ron's and Hermione's part. 

See...whenever Y/N offered to play victim to his spells, and Harry downright refused. He would only accept if she fought back, but then reconsidered - if she fought back, he probably wouldn't get any hits on her, making the practice useless.

The quartet had been studying for a good three hours after school, and had already skipped dinner. They weren't hungry anyway...

"It was chicken today!" Ron complained, rubbing his eyes tiredly, "we can take a little break, go and see if there are any leftovers, right?" 

"Wrong," Hermione said absently, a yawn following, then a more irritated expression overtook her face. "There won't be any leftovers. The House Elves clean the tables. Without pay, by the way. Like slaves." 

Ron deflated, "It wouldn't hurt to check-"

Hermione rolled her eyes aggressively, then huffed and shoved another book into their Useless pile, "That book was just full of hair spells." 

Y/N was sat beside a silent Harry, which concerned her. Usually, he would have had a jab at Ron about wanting dinner, but maybe he felt guilty that he was why they were skipping it in the first place. 

"Hey," she said softly, as Ron and Hermione bickered, nudging Harry's shoulder.

"Hey, you," Harry replied tiredly. 

"You okay?" Y/N asked worriedly. 

Harry gave her a half-smile, half-grimace. "Holding up fine-ish...why?" 

"Just checking in," said Y/N, giving him a small kiss to the shoulder, getting a kiss on the temple in return. He grabbed her hand under the table, and their bracelets clanged together with a tink!

She glanced at the clock. It was getting late, and Madam Pince was sure to kick them out soon - Y/N flipped another page of her book, eyes beginning to droop slightly. 

Fedinseve lpells rae a riwzard's tbes feridn.

Y/N blinked. That didn't seem right...

Defensive spells are a wizard's best friend.