ೃ⁀⋆𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Harry's P.O.V. 

Upon turning around, Harry couldn't exactly distinguish the look in Y/N's eyes. She seemed almost stoic, arms crossed, standing in the doorway of the musty room. Was she going to shout at him, like he had shouted at Ron and Hermione? Harry supposed he deserved it. 

Harry couldn't decipher his own turmoil of feelings either, but apparently, his body could understand just perfectly - his limbs moved on their own, without conscious thought, and before Harry knew it, he had strode over to Y/N and engulfed her in a hug. 

For a moment, he was sure she'd push him off. Y/N was frozen, completely stiff, and then she relaxed into Harry's arms with an exasperated sigh, and Harry smiled in relief. This could have gone much worse than he (his body, he wasn't stupid enough to hug an angry Y/N) anticipated. 

Harry was now realizing that he'd grown over the summer, because Y/N's body was significantly smaller than his, and as he held her closer, Harry could smell something similar to citrus and strawberries - maybe her shampoo? It was a new scent, but he enjoyed it all the same. 

Just as quickly as the moment came, it was gone, as Y/N grabbed Harry by the front of his navy shirt, scrunched the fabric in her fist, and pushed him lightly away. There was a beat of silence and Y/N glared at him, and then pulled him back into an even tighter hug. 

"You are such a dumbass, holy fuckin' Merlin," Y/N grumbled into Harry's shoulder, "Getting yourself expelled, you should've just let the Dementors get Dudley..."

This got a little chuckle out of him, until her voice hardened and Y/N continued, "Come on, you didn't have to yell at Herms and Ronnie like that - I know you're angry," she added when she felt him tense. "And you have the right to be angry, so angry." 

Harry nodded stiffly. 

"And you can talk it out with us, and we'll tell you stuff, and you can like...tell us stuff...too," Y/N said softly. "But please don't yell at Ron, or Hermione," she continued. 

Harry nodded, almost reluctantly, and Y/N met his eyes. His gaze softened, but her eyebrows furrowed, "If you yell at me, it will be the last thing you do," she said brightly. Before Harry could say anything else, she wriggled away from his arms and opened the room door and stuck her head out. 

"Herms, Ronnie, get your asses back over here - sorry, Missus Weasley - FUCK, RON YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO STEP ON MY TOE YOU DIMWIT - I didn't mean it, Missus Weas- er, Molly!" 

Unable to bite back a smile, Harry felt nice just being in Y/N's presence. She was so accidentally funny, and he could feel his anger melting away. 

Ron and Hermione stumbled into the room, and Y/N winced, glaring at Ron.