CHAPTER 14. Strategy, strategy, strategy.

previously on 'another world'..

"Thanks for defending us, nayoushi." Zehira said with a smile. Iku nodded in agreement as kiyatai waved them off. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." she said as she hid her small smile. "And the point value assigned to first place is...ten million!" Midnight shouted. everyone went quiet, and all eyes were on Midoriya. Kiyatai smirked at him and tilted her head. "this is gonna be easy." she mumbled.

Midnight raised her whip to the screen with a grin. "Now then, I will explain the rules of the cavalry battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each others headbands until the time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!" She said as she grabbed her whip with both hands.

Yamiki nodded. "That sounds kinda tough, but I'm sure we can do it." she told the other slayers. They nodded and switched their attention back to midnight. "During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks. But it'll still be a cavalry battle. You'll get a red for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately! Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!" She stated before cracking her whip.

Kiyatai instantly walked up to the podium and faced midnight, she shot her a glare before tilting her head. "it's a shame how such a well respected hero decided to scream at two teenage girls who are literally saving your asses." She spat, venom lacing her voice. midnight went silent as she looked away in shame. "I will forgive you, but only if you allow all 5 of us to team up. As the demon slayers who are protecting you from Man eating creatures, I believe we deserve some respect and special treatment. Don't you?" she asked with a somewhat eery smile.

Midnight nodded at kiyatai and sighed. "Yes, you're right, I'm sorry. I will allow you and the others to team up." she mumbled before bowing to show respect. "Good. Never make me scold you like this ever again." Kiyatai said in a harsh tone as she made her way back to the others. "I got permission for us to team up together." She called out to the demon slayers before she stood in front of them. Iku looked at kiyatai with a sighed. "please tell me you didn't threaten her." she said, hoping kiyatai would say no. The gold pillar just snickered. "I did."

Zehira groaned in disappointment as she pinched the bridge of her nose, Iku just facepalmed at her, Inosuke cackled and started to cheer kiyatai on, and Yamiki just sighed and crossed her arms. Kiyatai rolled her eyes and gave them a serious look. "Zehira, you'll be the rider while the rest of us will carry you. Our plan is to avoid fighting as much as we can before the last minutes of the battle. With our speed and agility combined, I'm sure we'll be able to steal points and run away easily without fai-" she was cut off by water being splashed on her. She slowly looked to the side and saw midoriya who was crying his eyes out in front of ochako. She grit her teeth and glared at him. "QUIT CRYING, KID!!" She yelled.

Midoriya jumped in surprise before apologizing to her. Kiyatai grumbled in annoyance before turning back to the demon slayers. "ANYWAY. Remember, we aren't here for shits and giggles, so don't get too cocky. we won't be able to protect the students as much since they'll just think we're going after their points, so just keep an eye on them. Understood?"
she finished as The demon slayers nodded in agreement.

The timer went off and the sound blared through the stadium as Midnight began to stretch with a grin. "Now then, it's about time to get started!" She shouted to the audience. "After fifteen minutes to form teams and talk strategy, twelve cavalry teams are lined up on the field!" Present mic yelled as he raised his hands. "There are some interesting teams out there." Aizawa muttered into his microphone.
"Now, raise those battle cries! It's time for U.A.s bloody battle!! Light the signal fire!!" The hero yelled once again.

Zehira tightened her headband that had the number 826 on it as She looked forward with a determined expression. "Are we ready?" She called out. The other demon slayers nodded and agreed. "We're ready." They said in unison. Zehira smirked and pulled out her katana. "Let's do this." she said with confidence. The audience began to cheer out loud in excitement as they watched the students take their places. "Alright! You've made your teams, right? I'm not gonna ask if you're ready or not! Now, Lets go! Counting down to the brutal battle Royal! Three...two..one!" He finished his countdown.

"START!!" Midnight yelled. And in an instant, the teams began to run straight for Midoriya. Kiyatai scoffed and rolled her eyes. "just as I thought, Midoriyas their main target." She said as she cracked her neck. The demon slayers stood still and watched as everyone ambushed Midoriya, but the kid stood still. Kiyatai raised her eyebrow in confusion. "what the hell is he doi-" she was cut off as Midoriyas team flew in the air with the jetpack hatsume created. The slayers gasped in shock at the sight. "HOW DID THEY DO THAT??" Zehira yelled as her eyes widened.

Midoriyas team landed back into the ground and continued to run from the others. "alright, should we start collecting points now?" Iku asked as she looked up to Zehira. The orange haired girl sat in thought for a minute before nodding. "Yeah. Soon enough, a lot of the teams will give up on Midoriya and aim for the others." she stated with a straight face. The others nodded and began to move forward, heading for a random team that was near them. They quietly ran behind the team, and Zehira snatched their headband from them. She snickered silently as the slayers ran away.

The random team looked at the slayers in confusion before the leader reached for their headband, but reality struck them as they realized their headband was gone. Zehira laughed at them as she waved the headband around before quickly tying it on her forehead, then she ordered the slayers to run faster.

A few minutes passed, and the demon slayers now had 1820 points. there was a few minutes left of the cavalry battle, and they were doing pretty good. They managed to avoid being targeted, and they racked up quite a few points. Zehira sighed in boredom as she held her face in her hand. "when is this thing gonna end? I wanna fight people head on already." she said in an uninterested tone. Kiyatai looked at the huge screen that displayed a count down. "It ends in 8 minutes." she stated. Zehira groaned in annoyance, and Inosuke started to throw a tantrum. "I WANNA FIGHT NOW!! WHATS TAKING SO DAMN LONG?!?" He screamed as he flailed his free arm around.

Yamiki just sighed and covered her ear. "please stop screaming." she said as she winced at his volume. Iku perked up and looked at Zehira. "How many points do we have so far?" She asked. Zehira looked down at her with a bored expression. "1820, which isn't bad at all." She shrugged. Iku smiled and nodded before looking ahead of her again. Kiyatai looked around in confusion. "wait, where's [REDACTED.] ??" she asked as she looked for them. The slayers looked around them and raised an eyebrow. "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen [REDACTED.] anywhere.." Yamiki mumbled to herself.

Iku sighed with a small frown. "I hope they're alright." she whispered. Inosuke groaned stomped his foot onto the ground in a childish way. "I DONT CARE WHERE THAT LOSER IS, I JUST WANNA FIGHT!!"He screamed again. Kiyatai grit her teeth as she held the side of her head. "WE GET IT, NOW STOP SCREAMING." She yelled at him in a harsh way. "Oh shit!" Zehira said with a gasp. The other slayers raised their eyebrows and looked at what Zehira was looking at. Kiyatai smirked as her eyes landed on shotos team closing up on Midoriyas team. "shits gonna go down." she said with a snicker.

this chapters pretty short, too. sorry😭

1472 words.