✧38. Pride Or Persuasion : A Cute Conundrum✧

Yoongi and Taehyung sat together in the cafeteria, their trays filled with food

Yoongi and Taehyung sat together in the cafeteria, their trays filled with food. Yoongi's mind kept drifting back to the missing students, sighing aas he pushed his food around with his chopsticks. Taehyung noticed him and leaned in, whispering.

"The time seems to be coming soon, hyung," he said, his eyes scanning the room. "You know what I mean, right?"

Yoongi nodded as the younger referred to the time his kidnapped would be staged. "Yeah, I know. I hope it comes very soon. I just want to finish everything and be at peace." He huffed out.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed inside his pocket. He retrieved it, glancing at the screen and saw the caller ID: the head butler of his mansion. His brows furrowed in concern. The butler never called unless there was an emergency.

"What's wrong? Who's it?" Tae asked, looking at Yoongi's troubled features.

"Just the butler from my mansion," Yoongi muttered to him as he picked up the call. "What is it?"

"Master Yoongi, I'm sorry to disturb you, but there's an urgent matter at the mansion," the head butler's voice came through, tense and worried.

Yoongi's grip tightened on his phone. "What happened?"

"There was a break-in, sir. A few minutes ago," the butler said, his voice tense. "When we tried to interfere or do something, one of the intruders caught a maid and threatened to kill her if we don't stay silent. One of them demanded to know where you were. When we said we didn't know, they began breaking into all the rooms with weapons, taking some of the maids hostage. After searching thorough and thrashing everything, the man who seemed to be the head threatened us and handed over a letter. He said it was for you and that you will pay for everything you've done."

Yoongi exhaled softly, another shit to worry about. Couldn't anyone just let him be at peace? "Do you know who that man was? Have you seen him anywhere before?"

The butler hesitated before replying, "He appeared to be one of the mafias with only one level of status behind yours, Master."

Yoongi immediately understood who the butler meant. "Was anyone hurt?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

"No, sir. Everyone is safe," the butler reassured him.

Yoongi's heart suddenly lurched. "Where's Jimin? Is he okay?"

Taehyung, who had been listening to Yoongi, interrupted, "Jimin is at the company. I gave him some work to do." He continued eating, unbothered.

Yoongi nodded, relieved. He then spoke into the phone again, "Close all the doors of the mansion and arm yourselves in case they come back. I'll be there this evening. Keep everything secured and don't let anyone in or out until I get there. Also, inform Jimin to be careful when he returns."

"Understood, sir."

With that, Yoongi ended the call, sighing softly to himself.

Taehyung looked at him. "What happened? Did something happen at your mansion?"