Would've, Could've, Should've.

Garreth

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

I could feel the warm breath from her nose tickle my arm hairs as she snores lightly. Her body curled into mine, my arm wrapped around her to keep her warm. My chest squeezing with affection every time I feel her breaths.

She was simply amazing. I have seen healers work hard to heal wounds like this but she had done it so bravely, so elegantly and at such a young age. It was truly mesmerizing to watch her.

I look down at her and study her face, her light freckles across her face, the way her lips were slightly parted. I was so fucked when it came to her.

Maeve came back with Eleanor on her tail. My cheeks felt warm as she locked eyes with me grinning.

"Did you two talk?" Eleanor whispers as she nods towards Liliana asleep against me. I shake my head no. "Oh." She looks like she wants to say more but I don't bother asking. It didn't hit me until now, that she was outside the common room when I left to look for her.

Was she looking for me? It couldn't have been pure coincidence she was there, I guess I hadn't put too much thought into why she was there just too focused on Poppy...

She places the handful of clean clothes on the table beside the couch.

"Garreth why don't you go get some rest." Maeve smiles softly, "I will stay with them both."

"No." I say immediately, my arm holding her closer to me. "I will stay."

Maeve snorts but gives me a nod. I just smile back at her. She yawns covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

"You two go." I tell them. "We've got this covered."

"Oh yes you do." Eleanor winks at me and I glare at her but the back of my neck grows hot. "Besides, now that I see she's safe I am happy. Thanks for showing me." Eleanor turns to Maeve.

"You didn't give me much choice." Maeve grumbled. "She basically had me held at wand point, I was so scared she was going to alert peeves or a prefect."

"I stopped you from getting sprayed by the vinegar." Eleanor rolls her eyes dramatically. "Archie wasn't as lucky, but don't tell her that." Eleanor grins at me and I smirk.

Good.

Liliana rustles and I hold my breath as she nuzzles in closer to me, slightly shivering. Maeve pulls out her wand and conjures a blanket. I thank her silently as I pull it over her body. I glance at the clothes, I should wake her to let her change but she looks so peaceful I can't.

"Have a good night, come get me if you need anything." Maeve whispers using her hand to ruffle my hair and I huff out a breath in annoyance. "Sebastian will come soon to check on Poppy no doubt with Ominis."

I nod slowly and watch as the two girls leave. I could hear Eleanor quietly chittering to Maeve about something to do with Quidditch.

The room suddenly feeling quieter now that it was just the two of us, and well Poppy's sleeping body. I glance over at my longtime friend, watching as her colour starts to return to her skin, looking more like herself.

I knew it was poachers, but I didn't realize they were her parents. Not until Maeve told me about the letter. My eyes wander over to the vivarium where I know they keep their beasts they rescue. They must want them back. Or at least get to them.

My mind tries to decode about how they even know about the vivariums and I wonder if that's why the Ministry is putting pressure on the school to protect students more. I had visited Aunt Matilda the other day and I quickly peaked at the letter, they want to ban students from visiting Hogsmeade.