Introduction

The air was hazy. The wind was blowing everything around, and Zelain's red hair could not resist it, blowing in the direction it was blowing.

He sighed and looked up at the snowy mountains before him. He shivered. He put the bearskin cloak he was holding in his hand on his back and dived into the distance again. For as long as he could remember, his country had always been cold. It always snowed and the snow never melted. He thought of Ariosh. How had their paths crossed? They had seen each other in a palace courtyard and their destinies had been linked ever since.

She tossed her hair back and her gaze drifted back towards the mountain. That's when he realized something. Flames were rising from the top of the high snowy mountains. Zelain hurriedly gathered his belongings and, saddled by Dae, who was eating the grass, rode away.

Dae looked dead, running like a racehorse with white skin and mane. A molded horse, yet his bones could be counted. Despite all the fighting and all the wounds he had received, he was still alive and vigorous.

The girl sitting on the horse was no different. Her eyes were blue, she hadn't slept for several nights, her hair was disheveled and she had wounds all over her body.

And she was not the only one. There was someone else far away, beyond the impassable distances.

War is never easy. After all the fighting, you can't see what you've lost. Your goal was only to win. Blinded by ambition, you long for a happy ending. But death is after you. A happy ending is beyond impossible.

If you want to win the war, you must have nothing to lose. He and Ariosh were the opposite.

It was obvious that they would be defeated in this war. But there was a reason for all this pain.

To find each other.

______________________________________________________________________________________