Dead man walking

Dead man walking (Chapter 1)

Andy.S.Timson POV

I died last week on June 4th. I was just l there in Orton hospital with a drip in my arms and the heart machine on the other side of me. It was very painful. It felt so painful to do anything that even moving my toe hurt. There was a lot of blood. I remember asking my nurse why I was in the hospital, why I was so tired and why I was in so much agony. Doing any think. She told me something that I could not believe. I was shocked to find myself still alive. It was shocking. I could feel my heartbeat getting faster and faster until I heard a loud beeping sound. Then I just remember seeing the sight of doctors and nurses rushing, shouting and trying to keep me alive.

Looking over me wondering is this is? Is this the end of my life? What's going to happen to me? The

Doctors tried to revive me but their attempts were futile "Time of death, 10:25am," I heard one of the doctors say.

I felt so terrified. I wondered what would happen to my mum and how she would receive the news once the doctors tell her that I had died. I was afraid for her because when my father died three years ago, she got into a depression. Wait it was this date he died they can't tell her today someone needs to tell them not to day.

I decided to walk away from the sight of my death. It was too painful to watch. I started roaming around the hospital. I wanted to find out if anyone could hear me or see me. What I found out from my walk was even more puzzling! There were ghosts within the hospital just like me. I approached some of them and eventually, I talked to them. We discussed our causes of death and what would happen to us since we were all dead. Although I was still terrified and confused about how I had ended up becoming a ghost, their presence was a small consolation. At least I wasn't alone even in death.

Suddenly, I saw a doctor looking straight at us while we were still talking. I excused myself from the others and ran after the doctor.

"Hey, Doctor! Can you see or hear me? Doctor, please!"

"Doctor, please! You're putting my mother's life in danger!" I exclaimed. He did not say anything. He stood there, transfixed to the ground. Even as I doubted that he would be able to hear me let alone see me, I truly wished that there was someone out there who could see me....As if mocking my thoughts, the doctor unexpectedly turned to face me and his gaze was fixated on me. Could he see me? Impossible!

As I stood there, staring at him he sighed softy and said, "How are we hurting your mother?"