𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1 - 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙮

On the evening of November, you miraculously stumbled upon a young man. Someone who you'd never thought would change your life in so many aways and fill in the dark areas of your life.

As of now, his face was covered with a wooden mask, so his facial features were unknown to everyone. He possessed short white hair, black jacket over a snow shirt and pants.

It all began when you were scribbling on the concrete with colorful chalk. Your friend, Aaliyah, watched as you made cool vibrant artwork. She was much shorter and younger than you.

You both had met at the Sundown Alley shelter, and she instantly asked you to be her friend. The two of you instantly connected like a puzzle piece, and you found yourself chatting and laughing with her. Sometimes she was sassy, but also nice and funny.

"Wow!" she gaped at your artwork, which was a colorful fish swimming in the sea. "I really like this one. What else can you draw, big sis?"

"Hmm, I can draw a flower. Would you like me to try?"

She nodded her head, and you got to work. You drew the green stems, the yellow center, and last but not least...

"(Y/N)!" Aaliyah shouted in fear.

Before you could react, a body fell from the sky. "Oh!" You squeaked out as someone landed hard on the concrete, over your drawing.

Aaliyah screamed loudly. No, there wasn't any blood. But there was a young man, whose arm was... extremely stiff and cold.

Aaliyah's scream alerted the other kids in the shelter. Soon enough, everyone was gathered around the unknown boy.

You weren't sure what happened after that because he was taken to treatment for the frostbite on his arm. Two words that you overheard him spoke, you'd always remember it:

"Get lost."

...

"What does he think he's doing? Something not cute, that's for sure!" Aaliyah scrunched up her nose as she watched him out the window. He was kicking rocks off the ground.

Tonight, Aponia made dinner, which was rice and chicken soup. Everyone was filling up their stomachs, but Mr. Masked simply said he wasn't hungry and left the room coldly.

"Give him a break, Aaliyah. He just recovered from a frostbite," Aponia told him. You ate the last of your soup before finishing.

"Well, he shouldn't keep isolating himself. My mother said it'd lead to a sad life," she poked her chicken.

"I'm done," you said, putting your bowl in the sink. "I'm going to bed."

"What? But it's only seven!" A boy said.

"I'd like to sleep early so I can feel energized for the next day." You trotted upstairs, where all the bedrooms were. Because you were the oldest out of all the kids, Aponia put you in a spare bedroom all to yourself.

You sat on your bed, and stared out the window. Besides the night sky and a few other buildings, you noticed a black figure. Wait a minute, could it be...?

You hopped off your bed and peered closer at the figure. It was the masked guy! Finally, he stopped kicking the poor rocks. Instead, he sat down on the grass and gazed up at the moon.

What is he thinking about?

You glanced up at the moon. Of course, it was beautiful. A glowing pearl in the darkness. It radiated light over the shelter, giving you one last gleam of hope.

You didn't realize you were gazing at him, until your door busted open. You flipped around to see Aponia.

"Y/N, what are you doing?"