𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13 - 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳

The new orphanage was running fresh and lively, built over the old one at Sundown Alley. It was much more spacious and the playground was expanded. Two new swings, a new seesaw and a big spiral slide was added.

You folded your arms, and leaned beside Kalpas. "I love the new shelter." You tiptoed to kiss him lightly. "Thanks for making this dream come true."

He kissed you softly. "Don't mention it. It was my dream, too."

Kids were running in circles, playing freeze tag. Some were playing bumper carts on the new spiral slide. One was drawing with chalk on the new pavement with... Aaliyah!

She was drawing blue bubbles and a goldfish, while the child drew a colorful coral reef. They were smiling and laughing, fixated on their little ocean.

Aponia was inside the shelter, cooking up something. You and Kalpas decided to check up on her. "Aponia, do you need any help?" You asked her.

"No," she answered. She was mixing something in a pot, presumably chicken soup. "Everything is fine."

Kalpas grabbed a spoon and scooped up the dish. "Try it," he told you.

You tasted the soup. "It... tastes like chicken soup?"

He grabbed a shaker from the shelf and sprinkled it into the heated pot.

"What are you doing?" Aponia questioned, but she let him add it in. Kalpas was a very good cook. He could elevate ordinary dishes to an amazing level, so she trusted him.

You and Aponia watched in awe as he upgraded the chicken soup to something that came from a five star restaurant.

When he was done, he made you both taste it. You both agreed in delight that it tasted better than before.

The three of you got to work and poured an equal amount of soup in each bowl. You accidentally spilled some, and quickly cleaned it up. Good thing Aponia didn't catch it, or she may have scolded you!

Once it was ready, all of the children came inside, much more energized than before and ate the soup. This time when they ate the upgraded soup, all of their faces lit up in joy.

"Wow! I could eat this everyday!" One said.

"This dish came from heaven!" Another said. Many others gave out acclaims and continued eating.

"You can always trust Y/N and Kalpas to cook something up!" Aaliyah said.

Kalpas crossed his arms in satisfaction. He swiveled to Aponia. "See? You can trust us to help you."

Aponia chuckled. "Okay. Thank you, Kalpas and Y/N."

Whatever remained in the pot, you helped yourselves. You chatted with the children, cracking jokes and playing silly games. You and Kalpas weren't staying for long though, but you'd always come back.

"Please visit us again!" The children waved at you, and you waved back, then left the shelter.

"That, was the best soup I've ever had!" You exclaimed to Kalpas. "You could even open a restaurant!"

"I know, my cooking skills are better than your mother's. But you know what's even better?" He drew you in closer. "You." And then he kissed you softly. A sweet, tender kiss that was far more better than the amazing soup.