𝟑𝟎 - 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐜 𝐌𝐜𝐋𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐧

-♥-

-♥-

ELEANOR SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES TO THE SOFT LIGHT OF MORNING FILTERING THROUGH THE INFIRMARY WINDOWS. She glanced around, feeling a wave of confusion as she realised Mattheo was gone. The memory of him holding her and soothing her fears last night felt like a dream. Beside her, Tessa was snoring softly, curled up in a chair.

Just as Eleanor was beginning to doubt her memory, the door burst open. Harry, Ron, and Hermione rushed in, their faces full of concern and urgency.

"Eleanor, are you okay?" Harry asked, hurrying to her bedside.

"I'm fine," Eleanor croaked, her voice weak. "I think Cormac spiked my drink."

Hermione gasped, covering her mouth with her hand, while Ron shook his head, his expression darkening.

Harry hesitated, glancing nervously at Ron and Hermione. Eleanor caught the look and felt a knot form in her stomach. "What's going on?" she demanded, her voice stronger now. "You're not telling me something."

Harry sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "Eleanor, Cormac was found dead this morning in the courtyard."

Eleanor's heart skipped a beat, her blood turning cold. She immediately knew it was Mattheo. The realization brought a mix of relief and horror. Relief that Cormac couldn't hurt her anymore, but horror at the cost.

"Eleanor?" Harry's voice brought her back to the present. "Did you hear me?"

She nodded slowly, her mind racing. "Yeah, I heard you."

"Do you... do you know anything about it?" Ron asked cautiously.

Eleanor shook her head, trying to hide her inner turmoil. "No, I don't," she lied, her voice trembling slightly. "I was here all night."

Harry squeezed her hand reassuringly. "We'll get to the bottom of this, Eleanor. I promise."

Hermione and Ron nodded in agreement, their expressions serious. Tessa, now awake and listening, looked at Eleanor with wide eyes.

"Come on, guys, she needs to rest," Tessa said, shooing them away. "We'll talk later."

As the trio left the infirmary, Tessa and Eleanor exchanged a knowing look. Tessa's eyes were wide with concern as she whispered, "Do you think it was him?"

Eleanor nodded, her heart pounding. "It had to be. After what happened last night... it makes sense. Mattheo must have done it to protect me."

Tessa bit her lip, looking around nervously. "What are you going to do?"

"I need to find out more. I have to see Dumbledore, and then I need to find Mattheo," Eleanor replied, determination hardening her voice. She started to get up, still wearing her dress from the previous night.