[01]: District Four

Madness.

The burning city district before you was consumed in madness. Chaos was exhausting everything in its path, for as far as the eye could see.

At least from down on the street.

Thick black smoke clouded the skies, making it even harder to see the nightfall above. Fire was ravenous on all four corners of the large intersection, and the terrified screams of the precedently evacuated civilians were echoing down through the streets of the collapsing concrete jungle.

The whole right side half of one of the district's largest government buildings had just been blown to nothing but rubble by an explosive. The projectile was meticulously placed by one of the few on your five-man team. Or, more accurately, four men, one woman team.

The detonator had done a good job of rupturing the building, bringing fire and rubble spilling out into the half-vacant intersection. The blast radius of the initial explosion was pretty vast, which was exactly to plan. You and your team were well-equiped and prepared for the backlash.

To an ignorant onlooker, everything would seem completely out of hand.

But there was calm in this chaos.

Order, hiding just below the surface.

From where you were standing, there had so far been no casualties. The heroes had made damn sure of that, in the fast-paced district evacuation.

From your perch—the smokey second floor of one of the previously destroyed buildings, crouched behind a large pillar of cracked concrete—you had a clear view of your firing squad down out on the street.

Touya Todoroki, AKA: Dabi. He's on the front lines, accompanied by Sakaru Seito, AKA: Skota, who was his right-hand man for battle.

The two of them were a force to be reckoned with.

With Dabi's overbearing fire quirk, and Skota's metal manipulation, the two of them had all the manpower necessary to hold the oppositions in place. The other team couldn't get close enough to even attempt waging an attack yet. And if they tried, you were there, already one step ahead.

You knew nothing of the opposing team, other than that they were supposed heroes in training, and that they were here to stop you.

Or die trying.

Two of the students break in front of the others, quickly catching your eye. One of them is using some sort of explosion quirk to propel himself towards Dabi, screaming out bloody murder, and painting his features with ugly rage. The other is boosting himself forward with a block of ice, looking equally as wrathful.

Dabi slashes his hand into the air towards the first kid, unleashing a huge blast of blue fire at him.

You flinch.

"BAKUGOU!" The ice-user shouts, sending a massive wall of unruly ice in front of him, barely saving the kid from being burned to the ground.

"Don't attack like that!" The ice-user puffs beside his friend who had fallen to the floor. "His heat is too much! Come on, we know these guys! Don't get close!"

You are listening closely with a birds-eye view.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, ICY-HOT! I KNOW THAT ANYWAY!"

You tilt your head, and look back towards Dabi.

"COME ON, SHOUTO! YOU THINK YOU GOT A CHANCE? GO ON, THEN! GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT! SHOW ME YOUR FLAMES, AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW WEAK THEY REALLY ARE!"

Dabi knows this guy?

You could see that Dabi was already getting pretty fired up since the assault had started only ten minutes ago. He was fuelled by his suffocating deep-rooted rage and infinite bloodlust that often caught you off guard. You fight off a smile, amused by his tenacity.