Ch 8 | Rain

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

ᴊɪᴀ |

The lights were blinding.. their heat palpable as I struck another pose... The delicate fabric of the gown shimmered under the studio lights.. hugging my frame perfectly.. The photographer's voice cut through the rhythmic clicking of the camera.. guiding my every move.. "That's it.. just like that.. Give me more attitude.. Perfect!" he said..

I shifted my weight and tilted my head.. parted my lips.. my body moved fluidly to the cues and the soft thump of the music.. I felt a little distracted by Jungkook.. he's been here the whole time.. He kept on staring at me like a hawk staring at his prey.. His stare reminded me of the day three years ago when he told me I'm not allowed to go to the university..

Though I accept it was rude of me to break his heart earlier.. Provoking him to see his reaction is the riskiest gamble.. but I was impressed how he still has his pheromones in control.. Since I came back, I have never seen him lose his control... the photographer lowered his camera while smiling broadly.. "That's a wrap" he announced.. Relief washed over me.. I was about to walk to the changing room when I saw Jungkook walking to me with a big step.. "Third Kiss" he said and before I can even process his words.. his lips crash on mine..

My eyes were wide open.. I saw other people staring at us.. It's not our first time kissing in Jeon Enterprise.. The kiss we shared at the entrance is probably known to the whole company now.. but there were only a few people who witnessed it.. however this room was full of employees.. My eyes got shut soon in response.. I was about to kiss him back.. when he pulled away his lips.. I opened my eyes and stared at him blankly.. he didn't have any happy expression like he always does when he kisses me..

"Fourth kiss" he said.. and again smashed his lips on mine.. but again.. it was a peck.. "Fifth kiss" he said and pecked my lips.. I just stood there dumbfounded.. he took a step back from me and just kept staring me mysteriously.. "Good work Ms. Jia" he said.. Ms. Jia? I frowned and he left.. without any further words.. I came back to my senses when I heard the people whispering.. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I made my way to the changing room..

_________________________________

"He addressed you as Ms. Jia?" Jimin asked while he took a sip from his coffee.. "Yes" I replied shortly.. he dramatically covers his mouth.. I rolled my eyes.. "He's angry.. for sure.." he said.. "But it didn't seem like that.." I said.. "I mean.. he didn't even have high pheromones" I said.. He sighed soundly.. "He thought that he was getting closer to you.. and you built another wall between you guys.." he said.. "Maybe he is hurt" he said..

I looked at him.. "Maybe" I said while I took a sip from my coffee too.. "Now what? what should I do" I asked him.. he shrugs.. "How am I supposed to guide you.." He said.. "Oh come on.. you have a lot of experience in dating.." I said.. "Yes.. But you know how my last relationship ended.. I don't want to tell you something that may lead you in the same situation" he said while trying to hide his expressions.. My best friend is not lucky when it comes to love.. I sighed.. "Jim" I said.. he looked at me.. "Now it's time for you to focus on Mr. Min" I said.. "Maybe you'll be able to move on because of him" I said.. "Hell no" he said..