Part 1 // One- Las Angelas

Chapter one and two are on my short stories book if this first chapter sounds familiar if you've read that short story. There is a authors note at the end of this chapter (edit version of the one on my short story)
-Oreo

Bailey

"Bailey! Have you seen my keys!" I hear John call from the room. "They're in here" I call back as I put the pillow on the couch. My daughter is coming to visit from her fathers place up in Seattle.

I haven't told anyone I have a daughter not even John so I'm hoping this goes well.. I was anticipating on telling John yesterday but I couldn't get it out.

"Okay thank you" John said grabbing his keys and kissing my cheek before rushing to the door. "I'll see you after work.. you took the week off right?" He asked "I did, see you soon" he nods and heads out the door.

Just entered town see you soon

My phone dings. I pick it up and see my daughters next. I smile and reply.

See you soon hunny be careful

I replied and put my phone in my pocket. She entered the Firefighter academy in Seattle and got into a station about a month ago. She got the week off from her captain. Which isn't normal especially for a probe.

I got to my room and quickly change. I have to tell my husband I have a daughter and I have to tell my daughter I have a husband.

This is not going to go well... especially for my daughter who doesn't take this thing lightly. When her father got a new girlfriend she freaked and basically set her hair on fire.

And then they got married.. she was the bridesmaid along with his girlfriend's three other friends. She did not take that wedding day well...

She has something with fire which explains why she became a firefight but she set the tables on fire and I'm the only one who knows she did that.

That day ended well for her father not her.

Ding

I hear, I rush out of the room and to the door opening it. "Mom" she smiles.

"Hey hunny" I hug her and kiss the top of her head. She just turned 22 a week ago.

"How was the ride? Are you hungry?" I ask and she laughs. "It was fine and no I got food a hour ago" I nod and move so she can walk in.

"Pretty house mom" I smile "thanks hunny" I close the door. "You don't have work today?"

"Uh no I took the week off" she nods. "You're being weird" she says and looks at me. "Me weird? Nooo"

"Mom whose house are we in" she crossed her arms and death stares me. I hate when she gives me that look.

"Okay well don't freak out-" I say calmly. She tilts her head. "My husbands" I say and shut my eyes.

"Mom, I was 9 let it go" she says and waves her arms around. "And when did you get married?!" She eyes me.

"Not the point- wanna go to the station and meet him" I smile. "Mom"