Dinner party 4: He Lit it

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚

"Okay everyone, before we begin we need to make a toast to this guy over here..., Jungkook!" Namjoon said as he squeezed Jungkook's shoulder lightly.

The couple's dance was officially over, and everyone was now seated at their respective seats at the table. Each seat had everyone's name attached to it, except yours. The organizers had planned and set everything up about a month ago, from the decorations to the seating arrangement, and even to the food served. Jungkook had informed them about your coming only a week ago, he had requested an extra chair for you but hadn't asked for a nameplate.

Looking around the table, you could tell that the organizers were as professional as they were talented. The table stretched across the room, wide and long enough to contain everyone. Perfectly decorated with fresh Red roses, little rose petals and scented candles. The room looked and smelt amazing. Little cutleries are arranged beside each person.

The minute Namjoon spoke, the room was immediately filled with waiters, who were carrying, a bottle of wine each.

Holding up his empty glass, Namjoon gestured to everyone to do the same.
Picking up the empty wine glasses placed on the table, everyone held theirs up, as the waiters poured wine into them.
You watched as the wine was poured into the wine glasses, they reminded you of slow-running taps. You watched as the waiter filled Jungkook's glass, as he was seated right next to you, at the head of the table. When the waiter was done, he made his way towards you, intending to fill your glass next, but you had already placed your glass on the table. He gestured to you to raise your glass, but you asked him not to bother.

"You're still going drive us home, no matter how wasted you get, so don't worry" Jungkook whispered to you, obviously he thought you weren't drinking, cause you wanted to be the one to drive you both back home.

"I know, but I can't drink, I'll have something non-alcoholic instead" you whispered back, hoping that he or anyone else wouldn't push things further.

"Sure, it's fine" he whispered, nodding slightly.

"She'll have something non-alcoholic instead," He said to the waiter.

"Do you have any non-alcoholic wine?" He asked.

"Yes, we do. We have Tequila ley, Diva vodka, Russo baltique, and Macallan. Which of these would you like to have Ma'am" The waiter asked.

You squinted your eyes, as you thought about which of the wine brands to choose. You weren't a fan of non-alcoholic wine, but you were familiar with some of them, fortunately, also including the ones the waiter mentioned. You knew that you had to make a choice quickly, as everyone was waiting for you, so you made your choice rather quicker than you would have liked.

"I would like a glass of Tequila ley" you said, and immediately the waiter disappeared out of the door, and came back in, with a bottle of Tequila, and poured some into your glass, and placed the wine bottle on the table, he disappeared out the door with the other waiters.

"Okay everyone, let's give the toast!" Namjoon said he was still standing all this while. Raising his glass upward, he asked everyone to stand up too. Everyone was standing, wine glasses held firmly, listening attentively to what Namjoon had to say.

"Okay everyone, I'm making this toast to my brother, Jungkook, to an exceptional person. To an extremely talented young man, who can always bring a smile to the faces of others. He's such an awesome person. I'm making this toast to more than ten years of knowing you, Jungkook. I still remember the first time we met, you looked so innocent back then, you still do, but we all know you're not as innocent as you look. I'm making this toast to more than ten years of being stuck with six crazy dudes. I just want to say I love you all, I love you Jungkook and happy birthday..." Namjoon said, finally concluding his speech. Everyone was smiling all through, while he spoke. You were equally doing the same, you could tell how much he cared about Jungkook, the tenderness and affection in his voice as he spoke, how he laughed when he called his band members crazy, his eyes glistening at the same time.
Raising his glass to his lips, he gulped down its contents. Everyone follows suit and does the same as him. Raising your glass you took a sip of the gold-copper coloured glistening wine, gulping it down. You could taste the slight trace of apricots in it as the warm liquid hit your throat.