II. Little Strokes Fell An Oak - v 1.4

"Der ist nicht der Herr des Seienden. Der Mensch ist der Hirt des Seins." 

"The man is not the Master of Being. The man is the Slave of Being."

-― Martin Heidegger, Brief über den "Humanismus"

━━━━━━━━━━━🅳🅴🅲🅴🅸🆃━━━━━━━━━━━ 

(An hour ago, homeroom teacher's introduction)

Have you ever thought what it truly means to become a being? Apparently, such a serious inquiry was too much for today's youngsters, particularly those who may have overindulged in modern electronics and the like. However, there is an answer to this question: that creature is me, in this moment of boredom. Apparently, I had no reason to attend the entrance ceremony but to ease such boredom feelings away from my sight, yet it had happened to have worsened it after, especially given that I never really liked the entrance ceremony in any form. And with my presence or its lack thereof, it was impossible for me to consider my self as 'being' on the first place. Or, at least, that's what Heidegger had told me with all of his nonsense on being as an existence along with its purpose.

And what was the relation between this nonsense and the one I had been facing, if you might ask. It was pertaining the fact that not only I had no energy left, but after the long-winded agreement on not meeting nor talking each other a few hours ago, she was here, just right beside me, eyeing a suspicion on me as if I had planned to manipulate the seat placement on purpose. But there was something else I had been noticing, which is the presence of the class homeroom teacher.

When I first saw her, my initial impression was that she believed firmly in the value of perserverance as the essential form of discipline. If I had to make any conjecture, I would have bet her age at around 30 if not 35. Mostly characterized by her cup size and bust circumference, her brown hair appeared to be long as she had tied it into a ponytail shape with bangs swept to the left.

 Mostly characterized by her cup size and bust circumference, her brown hair appeared to be long as she had tied it into a ponytail shape with bangs swept to the left

"Uhm. Greetings, class. Good morning. I am Sae Chabashira and from now on will be acting as your current homeroom class teacher. And if you ever ask me that question, you won't be changing teachers for the next 3 years..."

How terrifying, the way she figured that out instantaneously.

Just a moment when such a question popped into my mind, she already had the answer.

"... I usually teach Japanese history but I will be teaching all of subjects. It is a pleasure to meet you, so I hope to get to know all of you. The entrance ceremony will begin in the gymnasium in an hour. But first of all, I will hand out these written materials about the school's special rules along with the admission guide."