Chapter 3

"So why did you grab three random mannequins with dresses and suits?" B questions. It was already the next day and when she thought things were going back to normal all hope was lost when N brought those.

"V wanted me to find them so we could go to the prom that the worker drones are holding up. But I don't think we should. Not after what happened..."

V rolls her eyes. " It's a perfect opportunity for a hunt. We haven't eaten anything for a day. Almost 2 if counting this one. We need to feed unless we want to overheat and die."

"We're not going to kill them."

"Why not N? Did you forget what we are? We need oil to survive. We can't feed on the corpses; the blizzard froze every single one of them." Pointing at the bodies outside the pod covered in ice. "What's gotten into you? You side with the enemies because you think what she said was true. How do we know that for sure? She pointed out theories that aren't yet proven."

N and B look at each other with a glare. V seems to enjoy their argument because that's really rare.

"Uzi seems to know what she's doing. I trust her."

"Trust her! You've known her for only What? 2 days?! And yet she gets your trust?! I can't believe this." Turning away from him as she was controlling her frustration and anger.

"B... Please for once. Believe me in this. We know what we're doing. I'm trying to find the answers here. We can't completely trust what J said was true. I doubted her because they way she handled the situation when I told her what Uzi told me. B... she... never mind." He turns away from them as B started to feel guilty. She turns her head to him as she just sees his back view.

"N... I know that you're trying to help. But doing this is gonna make things worse. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"And I won't. Yeah I may get stabbed a couple times but I won't go more than that." He tried to reassure her unfortunately that didn't work out.

Knowing he was gonna be stubborn about it she just gave up.

"I'm gonna go... y'all go to prom or whatever. I'm going out for a while." She walks out the room leaving N and V.

N doesn't look back.

"Well that was some nice talk. Never seen B like this."

"I just don't get it. Why can't she listen to me? I'm trying to find answers to what's going on. Ever since I seen J went holo-spooky-snake-crab, things just getting more weird. And I had a dream were we maybe grew up in a haunted mansion!" He lean himself forward to V. She pushes him back away from her."Aren't you guys worried we have no idea what we even are?!" He says in anger but quickly changes his expression to worry seeing V turned around.

"She's just trying to protect you N..."

"From what? If that's what she's protecting me from, how come she never told me about this?" He desperately wanted to know. He doesn't want all that pressure on B, he wants to help and prove that he can handle it. He is so sick and tired of not being useful to her or the others.

"Just... promise me you and that purple thing will stop prying into that stuff? She knows what she's doing..."

N stood silent.

"If you free me now, I promise we'll only kill what we need to survive. Just you, me and B, N."

They both look at the key that can free V but he wasn't sure. He wanted to know so bad.

"Uh... V, if you guys are hiding something. We can figure it out together." Trying to convince but she was showing the opposite.

"Even if we each only have pieces. Please, what do you kno-" His head gets chopped off by her tail. Landing on the ground with her wings out.