REVOLUTION

The next day was Monday, and I was still immersed in the world of dreams when I felt someone shake me awake.

- "Marisol, wake up! it will be late for the math exam."

     I sat on my bed yawning with my mind still asleep.

- "If I go now, I promise I'll be ready to..."

     As my mind registered what Amalia had just said, my head wandered to my books, and I remembered that I hadn't studied at all for today's test.

- "You haven't forgotten the math test that Professor Seth will give today, have you?"

- "I did not forget it."

     It was true! I hadn't forgotten, but I couldn't concentrate on studying when my head was spinning the day before.

- "Get up or we'll be late."

     This time it was Angela who spoke. I quickly got out of my bed and got ready to go to class.

     I was at the door of my classroom; Swallowing dryly, I reached my seat.

     The exam began, I could see my classmates from the Yellow Brotherhood writing non-stop while I couldn't get the answer to the first question. I continued reading the exam and no answer came to mind, not to mention that I couldn't understand many topics.

    After an hour I only managed to answer five questions with great difficulty and time was getting closer and closer to running out.

- "Okay guys, time is up, leave your pencils on the table and I will go to your seats to pick up your evaluation."

     I obeyed my teacher's order, but I couldn't take my eyes off my almost blank exam.

     Professor Seth finished collecting the evidence and announced.

- "First thing tomorrow morning I will announce the results of your tests."

     With that said he left the classroom.

     The rest of the day passed normally, but I was nervous due to the result of the exam; if I fail, my scholarship at the Lyceum Elite will surely be void.

     The next day I arrived at the classroom shaking with nerves. Today Professor Seth will announce the results of the tests.

- "Alright guys, here I have your results, I will distribute them one by one to your seats."

     I followed my teacher with my gaze while he distributed the tests to my classmates; When it was my turn, he placed my exam face down on my desk and said in a faint voice:

- "I'll see you in Principal Audrey's office after class, the Principal and I want to talk to you."

     When he left my seat, my gaze went down to the sheet of paper that was resting on my desk, I fearfully turned it over and when I saw my grade I couldn't believe it. For the first time in my school life...I failed.

     After class I headed to the principal's office with my math test in my hands. If they summoned me here, I guess it's to talk about my poor performance on this exam. Without thinking further, I opened the door, and the director invited me to enter.

- "Come in Miss Lam, take a seat."

     Upon entering the office and sitting in front of the principal I could see the latter with a serious expression on her face and next to her was the mathematics teacher Seth Down.