♤♢Chapter 1♤♢

I found myself perched on a tall stool amid a bustling bar

I found myself perched on a tall stool amid a bustling bar. The room was filled with a diverse mix of people engaging in various activities. Although I had arrived with my friends, they had disappeared into the lively crowd on the dance floor.

Raising my head for one final scan of the room, I observed the energetic crowd dancing to an excessively loud song blaring from the speakers. A feeling of exasperation washed over me as I spotted one of my close friends swaying unsteadily with a guy who seemed equally drunk. Meanwhile, my other friend was capturing their antics on video, the sounds of their giggles echoing through the bar.

Relaxing my head on the tabletop in front of me, I let out a long, weary sigh. I never wanted to come to this place, drinks, drunk people, loud music. Really I hate drinking but I didn't really have any other choice to distract myself from this.

I glance back at the two girls having fun. A blonde girl with a phone and recording a drunk brunette poorly flirt with a tall guy who looks just as drunk. They're all grinning and laughing as the blonde takes a video. I should be at home, comfortably in my bed binge watching movies. But instead, I got dragged here to 'have fun' and 'live life'.

"Another drink?" Ryan, the bartender, chuckled in response to my exasperation.

"Yes, please," I groaned, feeling the need to drown my annoyance in another glass.

He appears to revel in my misfortune, flashing a sly smile as he pours me another drink.

"Why don't you join them on the dance floor?" He suggests, gesturing toward my friends.

"Ryder, do I look like I want to be here? I have no desire to join that crowd, let alone dance with them."

"My name is Ryan." He deadpans.

"Just answer the question." I roll my eyes causing him to let out a long sigh.

"No Sofia, you don't look like you want to be here."

"Ding ding ding!"

"You had a lot to drink don't you think." He rolls his eyes.

"And they haven't?" I say pointing to the two girls grabbing two more shots from the waiter's tray.

"Toche." he agrees leaning forward as his arms rest on the table.

"A shot." A deep voice came from beside me.

I turned and saw a breathtaking man perched on the table distracted by a phone call. His eyes looked annoyed and tired and his hair was messy.  Yet he somehow still looked attractive.

His muscles bulged from his black dress shirt, two buttons undone at the top exposing a glimpse of his chest and his sleeves rolled up. His dark hair is messy like he had run his hands through it several times. His sharp eyes were intimidating but fit perfectly with his sharp features.