Ch 5: Pool cleaning

Oliver was in Manny's backyard. He had done anything to get closer to his mom, I mean COME ON. The Columbian accent makes her look and sound like a goddess. Though Manny thought he was doing it to get closer to him, and Jay thought it was just a family friend.

    Oliver of course wasn't just doing it for his mom. He also did it cause of the money. They were paying him 20 bucks per hour. And work usually took 6 hours but it's way worth it. It was once a month though. In his free time he spent time around the Dunphys house. Mostly with Claire, but Haley called him up to her room once in a while.
________

      Today was Luke's birthday so Oliver decided to help set up the bouncy castle. As he was putting all his muscle in it Phil walked up to him,"Hey there brody" Oliver squints his eyes cause of the sun and because his name isn't Brody.

     "It's a nickname, anyways you're coming to Luke's birthday party right?" Oliver smiles and nods. "Wouldn't miss it for the world." Oliver finishes blowing the bouncy castle up. He walks to his house to take a shower no sweaty from standing in the sun for so long.

________________________________

    Oliver was there at the party, standing with Haley, her boyfriend, and Alex. The boy and girl have taking a liking to one uping each other. Yes, like siblings. Some would mistake them as a brother and a sister. Or friends, but they were far from that.

    They were watching the girl and her snakes and scorpions. Oliver wasn't listening but he was zoned in when Dylan walks over to pet the snakes. "He does know those can bite him right?" He whispered to the girl beside him, leaning to do so.

     "Surprised you didn't bore him to death yet." Alex smirked at her comment. Oliver straightened up, "oh please, wouldn't want to steal your spotlight." The two didn't even look each other in the eyes, they knew what to say and who they were talking to.

    "I mean look at him, flirting with her." Haley sighed, looking at her boyfriend and the bug reptile lady. "Who the snake?" Oliver was the only one to laugh at his joke. The silence between the three of them intensified. "I think I know what to do." Haley struts over to the boxes. "This is not gonna be pretty." Oliver said emphasising not.

    She let out a scorpion. "Nope." Only time they had agreed on something. "Excuse me, I think you dropped one of your scaly things." the ladies eyes widen. "Uh oh, kids let's play a game called " tuck your pants into your socks." the kids quickly screamed as Haley smirked at the two.

    "That looked like a Emperor scorpion." Oliver said before listening to the girl and tucking his pants into his socks. "Pretty sure that was a Euscorpius italicus." Even at the worse situation the two fought.

    Alex felt something pull up her socks and saw Oliver on his knees helping her tuck it in. Alex didn't kick him off cause in a weird way, she lined him on his knees. Though they always fought Alex grew a feeling for Oliver. A feeling that made her sick tiger stomach.

    Oliver was never oblivious, he could tell if someone like him or not. But not Alex, the boy was always puzzled looking at her. They always fought but they'd till manage to act like friends in front of her parents.

    Both of them had a deep feeling that made them feel a rumble every time they cared for each other. Now was no different. As Oliver stood up he locked eyes with Alex. He stood over her at 6'4, he saw how her glasses complimented her eyes so well. Her baby cheeks, all her facial features made a great harmony.

    The moment was caught short she  they heard a yell. As they ran outside, Oliver got kicked in the face by a kid on the zip line. Oliver held his face and saw Luke trip on beads, Olivers face scrunched up as he heard the crunch of his arm.

________________________________

    As everyone in the family including Oliver waited to see how Luke was. Phil came in to the waiting room with Luke in a cast. Everyone sighed, happy that he was okay. Everyone rushed over to Luke, Oliver states at Alex as she looked caringly at her brother.

     All he heard was something about they smell after a few weeks. Haley of course exclaimed 'ew'. As everyone started to leave, Oliver decided to leave raising his arm up for Luke to high five and the boy did. As Oliver walked to his car one thought was in his mind 'Alex'.

________________________________